Honored Contributor

Re: Can Alberti be the new LR for Xmas decorating??

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

He has posted his home and his unique decor on his Facebook page video in the past years for Christmas, and I think Easter too. He also had a video of himself making a wreath for his front door at a local business.

Isn't the same as LR did?  I could be wrong.

It's not the same. Lisa hosted an entire live show from her home, which is a much bigger deal than a few photos or a YouTube or Facebook Live video.

Hmmmm, I must have missed that.  The only thing I have ever seen was on Lisa's Facebook page.

She did a how to decorate a mantle, etc.  I remember that she used some of QVC's products, but said she purchased some things elsewhere.  She took us on a tour of her many trees and explained what ornaments she used, etc.

Those videos can still be viewed on YouTube.

But, selling from her home...I don't remember that.  Not while she was a QVC employee. I guess I missed it.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Alberti needs to be the new LR, he can just continue to be Alberti doing a great job.  I think he should do more decorating shows.  He can do them without a vendor or co-host.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Alberti has posted many videos and blogs over the years, as other posters said.   Here are links to 2 of his Christmas decorating videos the Q Social Team shared with us in 2016 and 2017.   

I enjoy his presentations so much, and his home decor and cooking videos are well done and fun to watch.   

These are on Facebook, but you don't need an account to view them -- on the pop-up asking you to join or sign in, just click/tap "not now" or the small “x” in the corner and then click/tap the video.

Click link for Christmas 2016🎄:

https://www.facebook.com/AlbertiPopajQVC/videos/vb.570015296421885/1188955524527856/?type=2&theater

Click link for Christmas 2017🎄:

https://www.facebook.com/AlbertiPopajQVC/videos/vb.570015296421885/1536042793152459/?type=2&theater

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I think ALberti is great and enjoy his shows. He is super on the Gourmet Holiday ones. But,who is LR?

Lisa Robertson, a former QVC host.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

It doesn’t really matter too much if he hosts or not unless he has a hand in product selection—and I don’t mean from existing QVC inventory—I mean working with the QVC buying team. If he doesn’t select the decor for the buying team, then he’s just working with the inventory selected by others. He may bring a few new ideas but the show would not reflect his taste, only what he could do with what was given to him. This year’s Christmas decor was purchased months ago. Hopefully he had some input then.

Valued Contributor

I love Alberti and everything he hosts.  However, wouldn't LR's biggest fan have to approve this?

Honored Contributor

Albert's home certainly does reflect his personality, he has great taste. I too enjoy seeing him present home decor, I'm tired of Jill after all these years, just want someone new and fresh. I never did watch much LR doing anything and I would never compair Alberti to LR in any way. Alberti is such a sweet person, he just needs to check the giggles.

Respected Contributor

I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!

Esteemed Contributor

No.  Alberti is just Alberti with his own talent and skills.  Why does there have to be a comparison someone whose been long gone?