Honored Contributor

Re: Can Alberti be the new LR for Xmas decorating??

I don't watch much any more but can say I'd be far more inclined to watch Alberti talk about decorating that I would Jill.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Q-Anu @SunValley  Add me to the list that calls for QVC to make the real move of getting better decor inventory.  It doesn't really matter if Alberti gets a decor show if his hands are tied by the same 'ol items. 

They need to pair up Alberti with Barbara King who brings in a small amount of garden and decor items to QVC that are simply beautiful (I love her sandstone pumpkin and other things).  Last year Alberti decorated his own home with many items from Barbara King's store, and even did a short video with her discussing decorating.  

Great suggestion about Barbara King and Alberti, @Caaareful Shopper!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

To the poster who didn't think Dan Hughes knows how to.decorate I will say his style is traditional. Many of us find the new contemporary decorating style to be cold and un-inviting. Alberto seems to favor this style over traditional Americana style that Dan Hughes gravitates toward. Think classic Kris Kringle, garlands and lights.
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
To the poster who didn't think Dan Hughes knows how to.decorate I will say his style is traditional. Many of us find the new contemporary decorating style to be cold and un-inviting. Alberto seems to favor this style over traditional Americana style that Dan Hughes gravitates toward. Think classic Kris Kringle, garlands and lights.

@Reever  Regardless of how your post seems to want to divide, I have absolutely no negatives about anyone’s decorating style.  It’s all good if that’s what you like.  

My comment was that I have never seen any evidence that Dan actually has decorating style at all.  If he has posted photos or videos of the inside decorating of his house, then I have missed that entirely.   Hanging tons of lights is not my idea of decorating style, unless that truly is all there is to it for his decorating.  

I’m just saying that Alberti has actually shown extensive decorating of his home and the items he likes to use, and the ambiance he likes to create.  I for one (I will not attach a “we” to my statement), really like his style. 

Respected Contributor

Why on earth would we need a new Lisa Robertson.  Can't Alberti just be that - Alberti?

Trusted Contributor

It's nothing for or against LR, AFAIC. I hardly knew of her before she was gone. Alberti is here and very talented with decorating, so if he's offered the opportunity and should he decide to take it... not just for Christmas, imo, but for any seasonal decor shows, I would happily watch. Especially if he has more input into the variety of items offered. 

I'm sure the OP didn’t literally mean that Alberti would be stepping into LR's role. No one really replaces anyone else. He has a unique style all his own and he always brings the cheer. I would think this would be great for sales. I have watched several Christmas decor shows this year, but purchased nothing so far. Same old stuff that hasn’t interested me in the past either. 

Respected Contributor

Albertis taste is too non traditional and modern for many people. Hard to see his designs working in my home. And his obsession with mercury glass is bizarre.
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Albertis taste is too non traditional and modern for many people. Hard to see his designs working in my home. And his obsession with mercury glass is bizarre.

LOL I haven't noticed the mercury glass obsession--will look for that!  😂

I agree that many of his designs have a modern look, but I also think he could come up with a variety of interiors, including something more traditional, if Q gave him the opportunity and inventory to work with.  

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
No offense to Alberti but Dan Hughes holds the prowess in terms of decorating. He creates elaborate displays with over 20000 lights. People come as far away as NJ to view his displays I was told. He has mentioned many times that he has incorporated all the Bethlehem Lights products INSIDE his own as well as out. He is a lover of all things Christmas and Ive listened to his advice for decades.

@Reever I have heard Dan mention many times that he is no decorator, he is a lighting guy. He said decorating to him is putting up a wreath. Yes Dan does extravagant things with lights around his home, but that is not the same as the decorating Alberti or VPH does.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Reever wrote:
No offense to Alberti but Dan Hughes holds the prowess in terms of decorating. He creates elaborate displays with over 20000 lights. People come as far away as NJ to view his displays I was told. He has mentioned many times that he has incorporated all the Bethlehem Lights products INSIDE his own as well as out. He is a lover of all things Christmas and Ive listened to his advice for decades.

@Reever I have heard Dan mention many times that he is no decorator, he is a lighting guy. He said decorating to him is putting up a wreath. Yes Dan does extravagant things with lights around his home, but that is not the same as the decorating Alberti or VPH does.

@DJs mom- I knew about Dan's light extravaganza talent, but I had never known him to be a decorator.  Thanks to you and a few others for clarifying this misconception.