Respected Contributor
Not everything is for everyone.
Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Not everything is for everyone.

@RollTide2008   What a great comment and so very true!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I would like to find a low-end digital camera that isn't a phone, say $100 - $200.  But I don't think they exist since smart phones came along.

that explains why I was able to give 3 of them away so easliy 

Valued Contributor

I have a Sony Cyber Shot that I got years ago and if it ever died I would look for the same product.  Pretty easy to use and I've used it A LOT.  I found this on line for around $200.  Maybe it will help.  Good luck with your search.

Sony DSCH300/B Digital Camera (Black)

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever - It's only a waste of money if you don't learn how to use the camera or aren't that interested in photography.

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby photograph a lot of the wildlife in our area as well as the beautiful gardens located near us. We each have a Nikon with different lenses. 

Honored Contributor

A high end camera will never replace a phone, and has a specific buyer.  That being said, the Q is probably the worst place to get a decent value on a really good camera.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Camera-$500

[ Edited ]

I do wildlife photography and need a good camera with zoom capability.  Wildlife doesn’t usually let people near so one has to photograph from a distance.  One of the winners in the Audubon Magazine contest spent $10,000 for one lens.  That does not include the camera or other equipment.  It can be expensive depending on how far one wants to take it.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Camera-$500

[ Edited ]

This fits someone like my daughter who has a photography hobby. She takes astral photos, nature photos while hiking, etc. She is also an artist, so she gets some pictures and then puts them on canvas or sketches. All hobbies and for fun. She does have a full time career in science and she uses on the job, too.

Respected Contributor
I wish I would have had one when my boys were playing sports. It’s hard to get a good action photo with an IPhone and impossible to get one at any distance.