Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this on my Facebook Feed

02522848-1FA5-42DD-9230-204E129B482E.jpeg
This one is for the big Q fan.  

I only know what Cameo is because my coworker used it - she had Jennifer Love Hewitt give a birthday wish to her daughter.   There's different celebrities costing various range of prices (the four Q people above are $30 each). They prepare a (from what I saw) very short, no frills video based on information you provide them.  My coworker made JLH wish her daughter Happy Birthday (she commented on how she was her daughters favorite) and reference her job and her sisters.  The daughter loved it - everyone who saw it really liked it.  My coworker was a little concerned because in some of the JLH videos we watched, she wasn't wearing makeup and was just super casual.  But it was nice. 

So if you know any of those serious fans, this may be a nice, out-of-the-box gift idea.

Honored Contributor

Probably a nice idea, but I always prefer to contribute directly to any cause that I choose to support. JMHO.

Honored Contributor

QVC's "match up to 5K" sure doesn't seem like that much to me, considering they are a major Corp. with many businesses under their Qurate Retail Group umbrella.

Only 5K???

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up.  It looks like only those four hosts pictured are available for a CAMEO.

That's not a good picture of Rick.  He reminds me of Alvin.  Smiley Happy

alvin.png

Valued Contributor
Not sure they understand what a cameo is. What a weird thing to call it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cameo for a Cause

[ Edited ]

The name isn't weird at all.  Think of what a very small part played by a known actor or actress in a movie is called -- cameo appearance.

The Cameo App was created in 2016. Each personality -- actor, comedian, sports announcer, etc. -- sets their own price.

I know someone recently considered doing it for their son who just graduated high school but of course didn't get a graduation ceremony.  The Cameo was meant to basically say Congratulations, from one of their favorite actors from an old show. 

Leah, Rick, and Shawn are $30 each.  David is $50.   

Regular Contributor

lol this is kind of silly...IMHO

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

QVC's "match up to 5K" sure doesn't seem like that much to me, considering they are a major Corp. with many businesses under their Qurate Retail Group umbrella.

Only 5K???

Qurate already donated $500,000 each to Meals on Wheels and No Kid Hungry this year, matching customer and employee contributions of the same amount.

Valued Contributor
To me it’s a shout out not a cameo.
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   Thanks for the cost correction. I think it makes sense that David is more expensive - he has some very loyal foodie fans.  I don't know how many Facebook fans he has now (and I don't care enough to look), but I do know he had far and away the most - maybe 500K when I last looked.

I think it's a good group of four.  I would personally want one from Leah - but I'm also not telling anyone to do this for me!  Hahaha