Contributor

The guest and the host sitting there grinding callouses and rough skin off of their feet demonstrating their little battery-operated gadget. GROSS.

Contributor

I totally agree! I have to change the channel when I see that. Some things just need to be done in the privacy of one's home. Let's be grateful that they haven't gone into more visual demos for Pooh Pourri ... yet.

Esteemed Contributor

This, in my opinion, is the worst presentation on QVC--worse than Dyson, Vitamix, My Pillow, or mattress.   I change the channel every time. Plus, it makes me think the gadget must not be that effective because the vendor's feet look dry and flaky each time she visits.  Sure, it's not a cure for dry skin and callouses, but based on their feet it doesn't seem to help for very long.

Respected Contributor

That was my thought the last time this item was demonstrated. Shouldn't her feet be in pristine condition by now?

Respected Contributor

That emjoi is probably one of the best things I have ever bought. It works like a charm. However, just like a pedicure, dry skin and calluses come back....otherwise we would only get a polish change and not the full pedicure.

Respected Contributor

LOL, I'm amazed so many people have foot issues.   I doubt I would have ever bought one without a demonstration.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I agree about using the devise routinely; have one of these also and like it; that's why I wonder how can the guest can demo it 5 times a day for the whole weekend and still produce all that gunk. My feet would be raw. Maybe she doesn't moisturize in between the demos.

Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I agree about using the devise routinely; have one of these also and like it; that's why I wonder how can the guest can demo it 5 times a day for the whole weekend and still produce all that gunk. My feet would be raw. Maybe she doesn't moisturize in between the demos.

I don't think she takes enough off at each showing.  And then dredges her feet with lotion inbetween.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@debic that could be the answer. I know this issue isn't earth shattering but it's interesting how demos of products can sometimes have the opposite effect on viewers. I like the product in spite of the demo!

Honored Contributor

It's just a fact of everyday life and I'm not sure how else they could demo it for "people who want to know".  I bought it after seeing how effective it was and I love mine.  The good thing is that, if you know they're going to be selling the Emjoi, you can watch something else.  Because you know they're going to give a live demonstration!