Trusted Contributor

Re: Callers under age 50.

I wish they would end these calls.  They don't convince me to buy at all.

Respected Contributor

Actually, even if you order online or via app you can still call in to the testimonial line if they are soliciting callers.

And yes, I have heard young sounding women (and men for that matter) on air.  But I think we all know and understand that the average shopper, and therefore caller is older.

Trusted Contributor

I don’t think testimonial calls add anything of value. Would not bother me at all if they were eliminated.
Respected Contributor

On several occasions, I have heard hosts say that they are told by producers that sales can be seen rising as a testimonial caller is on the line.  So, I believe that QVC executives believe that they are helpful.

I mean, QVC hosts wouldn't lie about that, would they?

Honored Contributor

I agree that it all has to do with online ordering vs phone ordering.  Back in the day everyone called in, and on occasion you were asked if you wanted to speak on air.  These days there is the testimonial line, and I don't know if I would ever be motivated to do that.

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” ~ Plato
Regular Contributor

Your wrong. They would not have testimonials if they didn't sell the product

Super Contributor

39 (and holding) here, talked to Isaac and Katie a couple of weeks ago Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Callers are "screened" so naturally all will be positive.  I turn the channel--it's another time waster--same as when the hosts talk about their kids.  Just the facts, ma'am.

Trusted Contributor

I am in my fifties and have a very youthful voice.  Always have, one time I had to call the school for my daughter (she got in a bit of trouble) and the principle thought I was her sister calling saying I was her mom!!!!   So funny, anyway I don't think I could speak on air, I would be too nervous.......

Esteemed Contributor

@sea breeze wrote:

Callers are "screened" so naturally all will be positive.  I turn the channel--it's another time waster--same as when the hosts talk about their kids.  Just the facts, ma'am.

@sea breeze .  A number of posters here say they were never screened before they spoke. 

I have heard a certain very bad word during a few of the calls. One was to Mary Beth! She nearly fainted but handled it well.