Honored Contributor

Re: Callers under age 50.

[ Edited ]

@barrel racer wrote:

I doubt anyone under 50 buys anything from the shopping channels.  My daughter is 42 and doesn’t even watch the channels.  The shoe shopping was live this week and I don’t think there was anyone under 50 in the audience.  It dawned on me why they have the lines of clothes they do.

@barrel racer  - I'm 55 and shopped at QVC in my 40's.  I dress fashionable and think there are plenty of designs on QVC that are cater to someone under 50.  There are plenty of fashionable boots, shoes, jewelry, etc. available too.

On a side note, my voice at 55 doesn't sound different from my voice at 35 or 45.

Respected Contributor

I’m under 50 and have called in several times. I have been watching the Q and HSN since my thirties. 

Regular Contributor

I don't know anyome who is under 50 that shops the Q.

Respected Contributor

@giova wrote:

I don't know anyome who is under 50 that shops the Q.

Well here I am.

Respected Contributor

@foonfah wrote:
I realize my question can convey that impression, but I did not mean it in an unpleasant way. I myself am of quite an advanced age and was simply expressing curiosity.

@foonfah: I understand exactly how you meant your question. I don't think you mean any harm. You're right, the vast majority of callers do seem to be over the age of 50. 

Honored Contributor

I was 52 many, many years ago when I became a QVC shopper.  None of my friends shop QVC.  I never see anyone wearing any Q clothing either.  My kids and their friends do not watch or shop at QVC.  

Trusted Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I wish they would end these calls.  They don't convince me to buy at all.

Yes; I usually mute the TV when they take a call.  

Trusted Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I'm 43. I guess I could be considered a younger shopper? 😉😀

Most of the calls I hear seem to be from women in their 60s and up. Many announce their age, especially during beauty and fashion shows because they like the trendy things catered to younger shoppers and nobody believes their true age thanks to the beauty products.

The youngest caller I heard was on Evine. She was in her 30s and said she shopped with them because she had small kids and it was easier to buy off TV and online instead of dragging kids to malls and stores. She also praised the trendier fashions. Which leads me to assume that many viewers do like the styles regularly bemoaned on the board. 😉

EVine does tend to have more youthful, trendier fashions than QVC does.