Esteemed Contributor

@foonfah  I only place orders online now; but, when the Q first started, I was 30 and was asked to speak on air quite often.   At that time, ordering was by phone and I think almost everyone was asked to speak on air.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've heard lots of callers who dont sound ancient.  Are you    insinuating that all Q callers sound old?

I don't think the OP was "insinuating" anything.  I think that is exactly what was posted. Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I don't know how you can tell the age of a person by the sound of their voice.  I have a youthful sounding voice...I exercise  it a lot. 

I have had people call my home and ask to ask to speak with my mother. When I did telephone CS, everyone assumed I was very young.

I had a coworker who was older than I by five years, and everyone assumed she was a young woman too.

Valued Contributor

I have spoken on air 4 times in 30 years, so I was both under & over 50.  I was never screened at any time!

Now I order only on line, so I don't get to speak anymore.  The calls don't bother me as they are fairly short.

The first 2 times, I won a prize!  Those were great fun!

If Q wants more callers, they should revive that spin board, or give out jellybeans again!

Respected Contributor

Offer a “spin the prize wheel for free shipping and handling for a year” and I’ll start calling the testimonial line! Lol.

Whenever they head to the phones, l head for the remote mute button. How hearing about Bessie’s recovery from gall bladder surgery spikes sales is a mystery to me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Callers under age 50.

[ Edited ]

I'm 43. I guess I could be considered a younger shopper? 😉😀

Most of the calls I hear seem to be from women in their 60s and up. Many announce their age, especially during beauty and fashion shows because they like the trendy things catered to younger shoppers and nobody believes their true age thanks to the beauty products.

The youngest caller I heard was on Evine. She was in her 30s and said she shopped with them because she had small kids and it was easier to buy off TV and online instead of dragging kids to malls and stores. She also praised the trendier fashions. Which leads me to assume that many viewers do like the styles regularly bemoaned on the board. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

I doubt anyone under 50 buys anything from the shopping channels.  My daughter is 42 and doesn’t even watch the channels.  The shoe shopping was live this week and I don’t think there was anyone under 50 in the audience.  It dawned on me why they have the lines of clothes they do.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I was a caller twice, both times in my 30’s

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think we can always tell the ages of people by the way they sound. Honestly, I think a lot of people order online.

Honored Contributor

The only time I ordered by talking to a rep was my first time ordering.  After that I have used either the auto telephone ordering system or online ordering.