Occasional Contributor

Callers under age 50.

[ Edited ]

I'm not complaining or trying to be sarcastic, but just curious to know if any of you have ever heard a female viewer call in who sounded like she was under 50?  I've never heard  anyone call in who had a youthful sounding voice...well, except for one time some years ago when a 20-30ish sounding female called in.  Just a piece of trivia that makes me go hmmm.

Respected Contributor

Re: Callers under age 50.

[ Edited ]

I don’t know anyone under 50 who would call CS to place an order—it’s online shopping. In fact, I don’t even know anyone under 50 who shops QVC. Since one has to call the testimonial line or place a order by phone to be asked to speak on air, that narrows the likelihood. I’ve heard younger callers, but far more talk about retirement lifestyles or decades of shopping.

Honored Contributor

I've heard lots of callers who dont sound ancient.  Are you    insinuating that all Q callers sound old?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
I realize my question can convey that impression, but I did not mean it in an unpleasant way. I myself am of quite an advanced age and was simply expressing curiosity.
Respected Contributor

I was in my 40s and asked to talk on air. It was a Lee Sands show. In those days.we only had a phone ordering with an operator. They also spun the wheel and I won a $50 dollar credit so was happy to talk. Usually they started out with the weather. I loved the Eel Skin wallets and purses Lee brought from Hawaii. Now most business is done on line or automatic ordering and I rarely need an operator any more to order.

Respected Contributor

Love those eel skin wallets. My dh and I still use them, they last forever. Years ago I picked up over a dozen wallets, under $20. Great product, great price.

Honored Contributor

I'm 65 and would never give a testimonial....and I order online, not by phone.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm 50 and the sound of my voice is youthful.

The reverse may happen in others.

Age pigeonholing, in this manner, is making a rather larger, unfounded assumption.

Valued Contributor

Re: Callers under age 50.

[ Edited ]

The first time I spoke on air was with Mary Beth about a cross I was ordering.  I was over 50.

Lately I've noticed HSN asks if you want to speak on air a lot.

Respected Contributor

Generally, I think younger people order by computer/tablet.  The older ladies use the phone.  Just a hunch based on what I know about older ladies.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York