Regular Contributor

I agree - too expensive for a cake! But so is everything else on QVC....food, clothes, appliances, etc. I buy less, I watch less. Bought some cute harvest things from Valerie this year and a couple of Quacker seasonal pieces that were on clearance, but for me, it's less and less buying. Assuming there are enough viewers who can continue paying the prices though.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi  I am a cake lover but I won't pay $70 for a frozen cake. There are many baked good that can be sent as gifts without being frozen but they are costly. If I want to serve a speciality cake (as I'm not a cake decorator) I want fresh from a local bakery. It is depressing to see prices rising so dramatically, I agree with you.   

Valued Contributor
I’m sure part of it is paying for the name too. She’s a highly touted Iron Chef.

Higher than I’d pay but there must be a market for it.
Respected Contributor

I think a slice of cake at her restaurant was around $14 or $15. 

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Spurt love the Grandma's brand. Wish I could find them at half the QVC price.

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG   I have seen them at Wegmans for around $15 and no shipping. They are at another food store but I can not recall the name. 

Respected Contributor
I have not purchased a cake anywhere online in a few years, not because of cost but my dietary preferences. I do miss the balboa cakes they use to offer, not sure, but that company may have gone out of business. Locally good bakeries, not wholesale clubs or grocery stores, charge about $60 for a 10” cake. I pay about $35 for a 6” cake.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LilMadi Isn't it nice that you can come here and blow off steam about QVC's  merchandise and prices yet take full advantage of their hospitality by using their boards?  Yes, things are getting more expensive. 

No need to be snarky.  Op can post her opinions just like anyone else.

Honored Contributor

@Deb213 wrote:

I agree - too expensive for a cake! But so is everything else on QVC....food, clothes, appliances, etc. I buy less, I watch less. Bought some cute harvest things from Valerie this year and a couple of Quacker seasonal pieces that were on clearance, but for me, it's less and less buying. Assuming there are enough viewers who can continue paying the prices though.

I don't buy food from Q.  It's way more expensive than other websites or a good local bakery.   

Esteemed Contributor

Eek!  $70 for a cake?!?!?   And that's why I don't watch any food shows.  If QVC is in the kitchen, then I'm somewhere else.   Far, far away....

I totally agree with you, @LilMadi 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG 

It's at a specialty grocery store thats part of regular chain.....I was surprised to see that brand in the frozen food area.....I guess Ill have to try it sometime...since its at a reasonable price

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”