Valued Contributor

If u eat this cake u will need the poo-pourri

Respected Contributor

@MrSour Ha!  That's hilarious, and very true! 

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I have been attacked here by other posters for perfectly innocent comments....but I just ignore them most of the time. You can count on specific people to always have a negative comment, regardless of your post. Don’t let it ruin your day.

Oh you are so right about that .... I've had it too ....all I did was answer another

posters question and got lambasted .....Even accused me of being a non

reader as they had never seen me over in Book Club ....

Valued Contributor

Everyone one has the right to their opinion and I am agreeing with you the cake prices are outrageous I understand mailing cost are going up too ,hate when I  hear the host on the Gourmet Shows say free shipping,no way that is already added into price.

The carrot cake the other day looked so good just like the cheesecakes,the Cake Boss Christmas cake all probably taste delicious too, but I know I wouldn't be happy seeing  the credit card the next month with those  prices, for a cake ,maybe easy pay would help a tiny bit but not that sure. In today's world think many  people have to think twice  before splurging on goodies .

I know I always in my younger days made cakes at home for holidays  and were  enjoyed by all .

Honored Contributor

Not meant to 'cut anyone down'........

Just saying that we have a very nearby supermarket bakery that bakes the best cakes.  Almost any flavor, etc.

Not very expensive, and very fresh.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

The thing that always surprises me about people complaining about the high prices especially of food is that the shipping charges are included. The cost of dry ice is very expensive plus shipping charges have also increased. It makes me laugh everytime the host of the gourmet holiday shows saying the food is shipping free. It is not free you are paying shipping,

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

@LilMadi  You are so right. For some insane reason I was considering buying one of Junior's cakes in the $70.00 range because I was thinking of the convenience and novelty. But then I came to my senses and realized that I could make the same cake for under $10.00 and it wouldn't have 45 chemicals in it!! I certainly don't knock those who want to buy these expensive cakes, I can see the appeal, I just hope they are as delicious as they sound.

According to the ingredient list I found online...Junior's does NOT contain 45 chemicals.  Only whole natural ingredients.

Cheesecakes are my specialty and I have never made one for under $10.  I only use name brand, top quality ingredients.  $70?  NO!  But I have plenty of friends who miss living in NYC and order them.

To each their own.

It doesn't make anyone foolish or stupid because they pay the prices of food sold on Q.

Have you priced Schwann or other similar services?

Have you ever gone to a privately owned specialty bakery?

Sure, Aldi's sells Kringles cheap and they are ok grocery store baked goods.  But the Kringle we pay 2x for from the lovely bakery is worth every penny.  There is NO comparison for me in taste, flavor and texture.

I do NOT think the prices are that out of line.

I will purchase what I chose.

@RespectLife Why the rant? Of course you can purchase what you chose. Why do you think any of us care what you purchase? The conversation is about the outrageous price for QVC food items.

QVC is doing exactly what they need to do to sell these items. Convince people they are getting a superior product. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 

it wasn't a rant by any means!

And the conversation is about what some PERCEIVE to be outrageous prices on food.

That is their opinion and welcome to it!  What is outrageous to some may be reasonable to others.

I simply pointed out that other comparable services and products are priced similar.

Just because I have a different opinion doesn't make it a rant, for heaven' sake!  And just because I don't think all the prices are outrageous doesn't make me foolish or stupid as others stated.

Relax!

Valued Contributor

I just wanted to thank every person on this post who came to my defense.  It was impressive and heartwarming to see members of the QVC community come together and react in that manner.  For the first time here, I felt protected.  No one likes to be attacked, ganged up on or made to feel bad, especially just for voicing their opinion.  

To those who agreed with me, I found comfort knowing that I wasn't alone in my thinking and that it was reasonable, thank you as well. 

THANKS again!

Take care and stay safe~

"I never changed, I just learned."
Frequent Contributor

You can get a large really beautiful cake at Costco for $18.00.  The $70.00 cake

sure did look good and I'm sure it is but us normal everyday folks can't afford to

throw away that kind of money down our stomachs.