Respected Contributor

My local supermarket carries Juniors Cheesecakes.  They are not as big as the ones on QVC but you can still get 8 slices and they are only $15.99, on sale this week for $13.99.  I am getting a pumpkin one for Thanksgiving.  They are sold in the refrigerated bakery section and yes, its juniors in the red and white striped box.  They also sell single servings for $4.99 a slice.  Those expensive large ones sold on Q are too big for my family.

Valued Contributor

@LilMadi  You are so right. For some insane reason I was considering buying one of Junior's cakes in the $70.00 range because I was thinking of the convenience and novelty. But then I came to my senses and realized that I could make the same cake for under $10.00 and it wouldn't have 45 chemicals in it!! I certainly don't knock those who want to buy these expensive cakes, I can see the appeal, I just hope they are as delicious as they sound.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@LilMadi  You are so right. For some insane reason I was considering buying one of Junior's cakes in the $70.00 range because I was thinking of the convenience and novelty. But then I came to my senses and realized that I could make the same cake for under $10.00 and it wouldn't have 45 chemicals in it!! I certainly don't knock those who want to buy these expensive cakes, I can see the appeal, I just hope they are as delicious as they sound.

According to the ingredient list I found online...Junior's does NOT contain 45 chemicals.  Only whole natural ingredients.

Cheesecakes are my specialty and I have never made one for under $10.  I only use name brand, top quality ingredients.  $70?  NO!  But I have plenty of friends who miss living in NYC and order them.

To each their own.

It doesn't make anyone foolish or stupid because they pay the prices of food sold on Q.

Have you priced Schwann or other similar services?

Have you ever gone to a privately owned specialty bakery?

Sure, Aldi's sells Kringles cheap and they are ok grocery store baked goods.  But the Kringle we pay 2x for from the lovely bakery is worth every penny.  There is NO comparison for me in taste, flavor and texture.

I do NOT think the prices are that out of line.

I will purchase what I chose.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@furbabylover  There are no chemicals much less 45 in Juniors cheesecakes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

You're being preumptuous.  I'm not blowing off steam, I'm not angry nor was I here to take advantage of their board, I was here for a different reason which is my business.

I'm just doing what people do here every day; do you say this to everyone?  Congratulations on being the first person to attack me for my post though.

Have a wonderful day~~~~=O) 

@LilMadi 

She  does that to EVERYONE especially me...........lol

It's so sad,she she must be a very lonely , unhappy person.

It probably is her only pastime........... so just disreguard what she continually says,day after day after day........sigh   

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi  I totally agree with you about $70 being too expensive for a cake. I buy most of my cakes at my local bakery.They're fresh & delicious & rarely cost above $25.I also like to buy cakes & pies from Costco.I love their pumpkin pie!!

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Buy your potstickers at Costco. I think my wedding cake years ago was about $75 and it was a four-tier, elaborate cake. There is a pie bakery here that sells small, average-tasting pies for $60 on up. They have cutesy names and are delivered in a fancy, colorful van, but the pie tastes like a frozen one from the grocery store. Guess it’s all about the marketing.

@lovesrecess  I have to laugh looking back at my wedding cake!  It was 1982 and it also was a 4 tier with each tier lifted up (they don't do that anymore). 

I remember the cost as $125.00 because I thought that was so expensive for a cake!!  Now they cost hundreds or even a thousand or more....and this is not a high end cake!

@LilMadi As for the cake mentioned, I don't know which one you are referring to but I agree that I would never spend that much on a nice cake for family when I can get just as nice a cake locally for a third of the price.

Valued Contributor

Don't get to upset about the cost of the cake. Yes it is pricey but you can get the poo-pourri for a great price at ocean state job lot stores this week for 2.50 A bottle but you need the coupon

Honored Contributor
I have been attacked here by other posters for perfectly innocent comments....but I just ignore them most of the time. You can count on specific people to always have a negative comment, regardless of your post. Don’t let it ruin your day.
Respected Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

Don't get to upset about the cost of the cake. Yes it is pricey but you can get the poo-pourri for a great price at ocean state job lot stores this week for 2.50 A bottle but you need the coupon

"but you can get the poo-pourri for a great price...."     What does Poo-pourri have to do with cake cost?