Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cake Boss $100 cake

[ Edited ]

His bakery was quite popular at one time but then things slowed to a crawl.  He shut down several.  I think his bakery items ranged from very good to meh.  

I never waited in those long lines; I went when it was less crowded.

Trusted Contributor

$100 for a cake is ridiculous

Jessa
Honored Contributor

Re: Cake Boss $100 cake

[ Edited ]

This is my gf favorite cake!!!

Its fairly easy to make. Buy the3 pies , make I layer 9" yellow cake, lots of buttercream icing.

Cut plain layer in 1/2.  Put 1 plain cake on bottom, add thin layer of icing, put pecan pie, add layer of icing, place apple pie, add layer of icing, place pumpkin pie, layer of icing, top with other plain layer.

refrigerate until set -- then put crumb coat on cake to cover . let cool 1 hour come back and do final icing.  

Carefully put sprinkles all over cake.  Use ruffle tip and border top and bottom edges,

I write happy birthday on top and decorate with fall picks.  her bday is tg day.  I've made this10 years and not only is it delicious-- you'll be eating for days!!! It's sweet and yummy but best thing under $20 to make and it's fresh!

It came be made with all kinds of pies.  For summer I use cherry, strawberry & blueberry.

Honored Contributor

@Jessa9 wrote:

$100 for a cake is ridiculous

I agree with you @Jessa9. There might be some who don't agree, but if they have the money to spend on a cake during these times, I hope they appreciate what they have. We're in the middle of gathering food to help those who can't do this. 

Valued Contributor

Good 4 U. U saved 80.00 and I bet it was just as good if not better