Respected Contributor

Re: Cackle, cackle, cackle, not much product info

I watch when it is a brand I buy from and I don't care who the host is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kze wrote:

What people forget is the new president said the Q will be entertaining the viewers!  That's what we want.  Right?  WRONG!!

@kze   The "entertaining mission" has been in Qurate's/QVC's quarterly financial meetings with investors for at least the past 10 years.  This did not start with Qurate's new CEO or QVC president.  You can listen to old financial meetings from Qurate's website. 

Regular Contributor

I understand your comment about too much entertainment and little information on the product. I have found that HSN presentations and hosts are more informative. You should consider giving them a try. They have several very nice apparel lines and carry many department store costmetics. The more I watch, I find comparable lines to what I find at the Q. Also they frequently have "shipping" deals.  

Regular Contributor

I watched some of this show. It was a train wreck. I felt bad for the vendors.

The hosts were off the rails. As a customer I don't want to hear about your

personal business. I just would appreciate details about the products. Hopfully

these three won't work together again. They are a disaster.

Frequent Contributor

I have to admit to turning off the 50's show last night. I like Shawn, Valerie and Mally when she does makeup. But it was just to much. To loud,not enough product info...I know that QVC is trying to switch things up. Just not sure this is exactly the way to do it. This is just my opinion as a long time QVC customer.

Contributor

I agree. The 50's show is nothing but a circus. Mally is constantly interrupting with that ridiculous box of sexual oriented questions, then dances like shes in a club. Q will definitly be loosing customers. Their prices have also become outrageous

Honored Contributor

I didn't even bother to watch any of the Over 50 shows because of the hosts.

I have no desire to be "entertained" by so-called adults acting like pre-teens, which is how all the hosts seem to behave these days. 

Besides, almost everything can be found for less money and free shipping elsewhere.

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I rarely watch QVC. Sometimes I turn it on when there is a commercial shown on the show I am watching. Today I turned it on when Jayne Brown was hosting. What a professional. I watched the entire show. She should be teaching every host. She knows her stuff.

I totally agree with you about Jayne B. To me she is one of the few from the old tradition of QVC who sold the product in a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere and shared some personal stories when pertinent which warmed up and personalized the whole “shopping experience.” 

I still am am happy to hear a reference to a graduation, engagement, dance recital etc. But I become frustrated  watching a host twist themselves into a pretzel to steer the conversation toward their personal agenda when their stories clearly have nothing remotely to do with the product.

Having said this, I have started to wonder if my disappointment is a function of being 74.  Maybe younger viewers like three people loudly talking over each other like The View. Or maybe by today’s standards it is ok to interrupt, discuss their personal hygiene habits at length or to shut down a vendor who has traveled to the Q and prepared for their presentation. I’m being serious, not snarky. Times have changed and maybe I’m no longer in the demographic they want as customers.

Respected Contributor

The average age of a QXH customer is, according to management "early 60s".

I believe that this programming is part of the attempt to lower that by 10 years.

That's achievable and realistic.

Super Contributor

Just unwatchable. I can find something better to do with my time than watch nonesense. Frankly I feel it's embarrassing to the guests and the viewers