Respected Contributor

Cackle, cackle, cackle, not much product info

Friday evening, as I was getting my jammies on, I turned on the TV in the bedroom and tuned in to the "50s Show" with host Shawn.  She was presenting a handbag from Baggallini, which is a brand that I have owned and do like.  So, then Mally appeared.  The vendor for Baggallini tried to get the focus on the bag being featured, but Shawn and Mally were having way too much fun with their personal discussions.  Laugh a lot, giggle, shout, cackle.  Forget the presentation of the product.  So, a few minutes later, after brushing my teeth (I know, my Friday nights are pitiful),  I saw Shawn on the next segment, CCB.  Candace was presenting a sweater with a different and interesting stripe design.  Shawn was bragging  about how she already bought three of the colors because she knew they would sell out.  Cackle, cackle.  

QVC, please train hosts, or RETRAIN if necessary, to focus on product information for the benefit of the customers who may still be interested in actually tuning in, watching a presentation and ordering product.   Certain hosts make the hours they are on-air all about them, not about the products being presented. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cackle, cackle, cackle, not much product info

My guess is they don't have to seeing that the sweater sold itself out.

Esteemed Contributor

the usual   for most of the Hosts on  QVC nowadys ,  just upping   the pace -on steroids

Trusted Contributor

What people forget is the new president said the Q will be entertaining the viewers!  That's what we want.  Right?  WRONG!!

Honored Contributor

@kze wrote:

What people forget is the new president said the Q will be entertaining the viewers!  That's what we want.  Right?  WRONG!!

@kze , I don't know, I have cable, streaming services , a loaded kindle, music so I really don't need home shopping entertainment . If I wanted obnoxious women acting like fools, I could watch the Real Housewives.
" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Contributor

I really wanted to hear about the items being sold.  QVC needs to shake up the primetime. hosts.  I'd like to see some hosts that are professional and have self-discipline.  Please give other deserving hosts a chance in the evening.

Respected Contributor

@kze, I know and some how for the life of me I don't understand that thought process.

I know I buy more when I'm watching. I watch for the product, description and price.

I don't tolerate piffle, prattling, and blathering on and on about imaginary scenarios and other nonsense. Will not subject myself to it.

Consequently I don't watch on Fridays, in fact most evenings. 

While these tactic may seem effective to some, I know they are not for me. It only make me wonder how much revenue QVC is losing from lost viewers.

Honored Contributor

Watching is a choice.

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch QVC. Sometimes I turn it on when there is a commercial shown on the show I am watching. Today I turned it on when Jayne Brown was hosting. What a professional. I watched the entire show. She should be teaching every host. She knows her stuff.

Respected Contributor

Its very evident Q execs like a loud, chatty atmosphere. Its not going to change.