Esteemed Contributor

CRTC Denies QVC’s Application For Distribution in Canada

From Broadcaster Magazine:

CRTC Denies QVC’s Application For Distribution in Canada

http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/acquisition/crtc-denies-qvcs-application-for-distribution-in-cana...

QVC can't be carried on Canadian cable as the CRTC won't allow it but why doesn't QVC find another way so that they can ship to Canada again? While it may not be ideal for Canadian customers, I'm sure that they would appreciate being able to buy and have items shipped to Canada directly. I would love to be able to buy Dalton lipsticks and not go through the rigamarole of having something shipped to a relative in the U.S. or use a U.S. border broker or a U.S. post office and then make a trip just to retreive it.

Honored Contributor

Re: CRTC Denies QVC’s Application For Distribution in Canada

@TYAny idea how a company would legally go around CRTC?  I need more information.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@TYAny idea how a company would legally go around CRTC?  I need more information.

No, the CRTC in Canada is like the FTC in the U.S.

Editing my reply as it should be the CRTC is the Canadian equivalent of the U.S. FCC.

Respected Contributor

Hello, TY1. Smiley Happy

For what it's worth, Canada does have their shopping channel called The Shopping Channel.

I know Doris Dalton's products aren't sold there. Perhaps you could write her and ask her to start selling her products there. And her products now go under the name of Doll 10.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Good luck getting a response from Doris Dalton.  I'm still waiting to hear from her in reference to the defective product I bought from her.  I think much of her merchandise has been warehoused too long.  I won't buy it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

Hello, TY1. Smiley Happy

For what it's worth, Canada does have their shopping channel called The Shopping Channel.

I know Doris Dalton's products aren't sold there. Perhaps you could write her and ask her to start selling her products there. And her products now go under the name of Doll 10.

Yes, The Shopping Channel aka TSC has been in Canada for nearly 30 years and I've been a long time customer. But I was also a QVC customer before they stopped shipping to Canada.

Doris Dalton left TSC at the end of 2012 about the time when she changed the name of her company to Doll 10 so she could sell on QVCUK.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good luck getting a response from Doris Dalton.  I'm still waiting to hear from her in reference to the defective product I bought from her.  I think much of her merchandise has been warehoused too long.  I won't buy it.

I was surprised when Zulily a couple of months ago was selling old Dalton cosmetics that were clearly under the older brand name as you could see "Dalton" on some of the makeup in their photos. I suspect that QVC and/or their vendors now have Zulily as a venue to get rid of old or excess inventory quickly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was surprised when Zulily a couple of months ago was selling old Dalton cosmetics that were clearly under the older brand name as you could see "Dalton" on some of the makeup in their photos. I suspect that QVC and/or their vendors now have Zulily as a venue to get rid of old or excess inventory quickly.

It is called deception.  It is shameful to sell outdated product as if it were just a great sale. Shame on QVC and  any vendors who do this Without disclosure . I think Hautelook also sells old product....skinn cosmetics sold a lot of their old product there a short time ago.

Valued Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I am seeing more and more QVC "brands" showing up on zulily, Carolyn Pollack, Judith Ripka, Philosophy, Lisa Rinna, Clark, Ryka, OryAny bags, Cottage Farms, Clarisonic, Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, IT Cosmetics, Vionic.  Yes, I know they are not exclusive to QVC, but they are heavily marketed on QVC.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@TY wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I am seeing more and more QVC "brands" showing up on zulily, Carolyn Pollack, Judith Ripka, Philosophy, Lisa Rinna, Clark, Ryka, OryAny bags, Cottage Farms, Clarisonic, Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, IT Cosmetics, Vionic.  Yes, I know they are not exclusive to QVC, but they are heavily marketed on QVC.

Of course they could do the same thru QVc but they don't  want to cut prices there at it would appear