Contributor

CRAZY I have to sign for QVC Packages being delivered by UPS

Maybe we need a bunch of these threads talking about the INSANE new policy implemented by QVC.

I have some denim and co tank tops that were supposed to be delivered today.

I was in the backyard and did not hear UPS ring the door bell.

He left a tag on the door.

I now have to go to my local CVS Pharmacy to pick up my clothing.

This is not an expensive piece of jewelry.

I have NEVER had to sign for clothes coming from UPS..EVER.

I've been a customer for 35 years.

Maybe it's time to rethink buying anything else from QVC unti this nonsense stops.

Honored Contributor

Re: CRAZY I have to sign for QVC Packages being delivered by UPS

Have you contacted QVC and UPS to find out why?  

I haven't had the problem, yet, but if it's true, I wonder if it has something to do with too many customers claiming they haven't received their packages.  

Walmart has been having Fedex take pictures of packages left at houses for proof they were delivered and I live in a neighborhood where porch pirates haven't been a problem. 

This from UPS website.

You only need to sign for packages in certain areas or when it’s required by the sender.

Update Instructions for My Driver

If you’ve already missed a delivery, you can sign the back of your UPS InfoNotice® and place it back where the driver left it.

Until you get it straightened out, UPS will attempt to deliver your packages, I believe, 3 times. Sign your notice giving the driver permission to leave the package. 

Honored Contributor

Changes are now constant in this world now.  Consider this, they want to be sure you are getting your packages.  Saw a show the other day, where 2 guys were driving by on their way to a job and they came upon 4 different boxes, that some delivery person had just pitched in the woods somewhere.  There evidentally is some reason for this to be done. Yes, it's a trip for you, but at least you're getting your packages.

Esteemed Contributor

Can you imagine the losses they have endured because of porch pirates? And don't forget maybe some people say they didn't receive a package and they did?  It has to be staggering givin the amount of packages they ship. 

I had the same issue with a couple of different shippers.  I dug into it and finally caught the UPS driver. He was taking over while my normal driver was on vaca. He said that he had the option to either leave the package or take it to a UPS pickup store.  

I did tell him I never complained and that it was safe to leave the packages at my door.  And if he didn't, And as nicely as I could, I inferred if he did not leave the packages at my door, I would be calling to complain.

Haven't had an issue since.

Trusted Contributor

Usually a signature is required by the sender.

Most of these delivery drivers are doing the best they can in extraordinary circumstances.  Yes this is their job but if he does leave the package and it gets stolen by a porch pirate these same people I am betting will also be complaining. 

Is it an inconvenience? Yes, but for a bunch of us it is a minor inconvenience.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have all my UPS packages delivered to a UPS store near my house because I got tired of waiting until 8 or 9 for my packages to be delivered. I have to sign for them there.

Respected Contributor

We've had a different scenario lately - the Post Office has left slips that we can retrieve our packages from the USPS locker outside the Post Office. None of the items are any different from others that have been left on our front steps in the past or by other delivery services. We don't have a regular mail carrier who we could ask. It's not terribly inconvenient, just odd. But at least we're getting our packages. 

Esteemed Contributor

On Tuesday a package from QVC containing  TOVA Signature Eau de Parfum required a signature.  I thought it was strange.   I left a Drivers Release Authorization Form on my door.  

Respected Contributor

So anything ordered from QVC (high value or not) has to be signed for when delivered?  I haven't ordered anything in a while.  In the past, many items I've ordered were to be shipped via UPS but actually came USPS.  In past dealings with UPS,  especially when it came to signing for things and if you had a specific spot you'd like your packages, they'd tell me to go to their website and fill out a preference page.