Respected Contributor

Re: CRAZY I have to sign for QVC Packages being delivered by UPS

Perhaps there have been a lot of thefts in your area or on your street.  I can't blame them for requiring signatures now in order to protect themselves from false claims or pure theft of packages.

At work, we started signing again for ground fed ex shipping - prior they would just ask your name or state where the packages were left, but we are back to signing again.  They didn't have us sign because the driver told me that too many people would be touching the screen to sign, and it was safer to have the driver acknowledge the delivery.  

I get packages regularily, and the only time I got a signature required was when the item was of a high value, which I expected a signature to be required.  I don't think I've ever had to sign for a QVC item.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I think this may be a trial phase or something probably about holiday packages coming in the near future.  I haven't had to sign for my packages from HSN or the Q at all with UPS and our US mail is delivered in a locked mail room on our townhouse property.

The postal service has a key as well as the unit owners.   I don't blame them though considering all the losses these companies have faced with stolen packages.  I know Amazon takes a photo of our packages left on our porch.  We luckily are in a safe area and have not experienced theft.

Honored Contributor

I've also been here as long as the OP and I've never had a signature required on QVC deliveries (or any other retail site I use).

And I've had a lot of orders from QVC in the past couple of months, much more than I usually do (2 orders arriving today), but no signatures have been required.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I think this may be a trial phase or something probably about holiday packages coming in the near future.  I haven't had to sign for my packages from HSN or the Q at all with UPS and our US mail is delivered in a locked mail room on our townhouse property.

The postal service has a key as well as the unit owners.   I don't blame them though considering all the losses these companies have faced with stolen packages.  I know Amazon takes a photo of our packages left on our porch.  We luckily are in a safe area and have not experienced theft.

I'm wondering if it might just be a random trial to see what's going on with package delivery because so many QVC customers have had so many delivery problems lately.

Several of us have stated in another thread this has happened to us in the last few days, me being one.  My last order was signature required.  Nothing special or expensive about the products ordered.  

But I'm also wondering if when UPS has a signature delivery that they keep better track of that than a normal package.  So I'm not sure trying to track down delivery problems that way would help.  

Either that, or it was another glitch in their computer system for a couple of days.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I've also been here as long as the OP and I've never had a signature required on QVC deliveries (or any other retail site I use).

And I've had a lot of orders from QVC in the past couple of months, much more than I usually do (2 orders arriving today), but no signatures have been required.

@KingstonsMom 

I haven't had to sign for QVC orders or from many other retailers....However, there was an exception on a Fed Ex delivery where the sender and I had agreed to waive the signature, BUT the Fed Ex person insisted on a signature anyway even though the appropriate formed was signed and on file with Fed Ex....SMH!  This is from Fed Ex ---"FedEx has many options for people who won't be able to accept a "signature required" shipment in person, including signing for the package in advance online or through the FedEx app."......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago, I switched to having all of my packages delivered to a Postal Annex. I have never had anything taken off my front porch, but it just gives me peace of mind that they sign for it.  I make a point of stopping by at least once a week to pick any deliveries that I may have. 

Super Contributor

text from UPS saying sig required for pkg tomorrow (leggings, LOL). you can go to UPS site and 'sign' up for a release so they can just drop off the pkgs. I stay home any time expecting a delivery to avoid any porch pirating. 

Super Contributor

PS: I don't want to personally interact with UPS during this pandemic and I bet the drivers don't want to interact with us either. 

Esteemed Contributor

This happened years ago where a signiture was required. At that time the UPS guy told me that people were reporting that they weren´t receiving their packages.

So far I have not had to. I can also go on line and sign for my package if they request a signiture. Don´t see how that makes a difference.

Respected Contributor

Prior to COVID March 2020 UPS driver required a signature for all packages. March 2020 to current, no signature required. Driver drops, knocks on door and I yell out “okay, thank you” this way he/she knows I’m there and will get package shortly. They are long gone by time I open my door. If it’s my regular driver, I had an agreement with him that he would leave at my door if I was not there. Because of this I would never blame him if it was taken, thankfully never was. I live in a condo so not quite as risky as leaving on open porch. I received a package this week from HSN and no signature requested. Only thing I don’t like is they come so late and sometimes I’m ready to go to bed and have to wait for them.

I agree that they may be testing in select areas in preparation for their peak Holiday season. Have to say with virus still active I’m a little surprised that their union has agreed to the personal contact starting again.