Trusted Contributor

Re: COVID combined wtih Ezpay brought down my Q shopping habit

I have never used ezpay. I feel that for me, if I can't afford to buy it outright, I should not be buying it.

Esteemed Contributor

I use easy pay only for one reason.  I like to see the product and make sure I want it before I have the whole amount out.  Then when it arrives, I go in and pay it off.   I also put everything on my calendar which I look at daily.  That way I already know what is going to QVC that month and that stops me a lot ofthe time from making another purchase.   

Contributor

Shopping is a way to lessen depression and anxiety... I have used that philosophy myself at malls years ago.

I never used QVC EZ-Pay as I use my Discover Card and get 'cash-back'.  I get excited just getting $5.63 to put toward buying something else.  Call me crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Easy pay has not affected me at all, and believe me, I've had a lot. I time my Easy Pays around the first and the middle of the month, then I can pay off as many as I want.  I'm very organized in everything I do and I  don't like surprises.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!! I'm here watching The Andy Griffith show on TV LAND and a QVC ad just popped up. Never knew they advertised on  TV LAND.

Respected Contributor

Since I live pretty far from malls and other stores (at least a 45 mile drive) I have done 90% of my shopping online for the last 15 years. So Covid did not affect my shopping - QVC or otherwise - at all. I don't use easy pay because I figure if I can't pay all at once I can't afford it.

Frequent Contributor

Hey Lisa, I learned my lesson. I now pay for everything one time. If it's too much, I just don't buy it until it's not too much. 

When you do EZ Pay, you keep buying until you have all these Q bills and kept remember what all you bought. 

I don't want to micro manage finances, so I just don't bend on EZ Pay.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep.....I was surprised how many I had. 3 pays isn't bad, but 5 is too long.

I am going to pay some off early...

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Hi,

I am just reachout out to see if this happend to anyone else here.  when Covid struck and everything went sideways so did I!  Now I am digging myself out a big quagmire of Ezpay payments that quite frankly scares the heck out of me.  I have completely curbed my Q buying to get this under control and think when I am in the black I will no longer use ezpay ever.  Its truely evil for those who can't control themselves.  My hand is high in the sky raised!  Just wondering am i alone in this?  Maybe we need a support group.

You'll be thrilled when they are paid off. I overdid easy pays once about 15 years ago. Never again. I still use easy pay but just one item at a time.  Control is key.

Easy pay can help those who need it and that's ok.  I don't have any beefs with easy pay. 

Honored Contributor

My EZ Pays are charged to my Q card and I pay my Q card in full each month - so it's very easy to keep up with.  No problems here.