Esteemed Contributor
In the regular world of retail, once a price goes on “Clearance” at least in my experience it stays a clearance price. But in the Q they say it’s on clearance for that day only then the price goes back up. That in my estimation is not Clearance price but instead a special sale price. I wish the Q would not do that. I find it very misleading. If any item will not be reordered again, and goes on sale then that to me would be a clearance price. Just my two cents!!
Valued Contributor

Can't beat Kohls for their clearance prices

Honored Contributor

I was thinking the samething.  They mark it down just for the show and it goes back up.  That really irks me.

Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat I agree and was thinking same thing when yesterday I saw a "pre-season Clearance" Maybe trying to unload some stock? However I saw some items marked New and one day only I think.

Maybe is a phychological sales tactic to get a person to buy an item and quickly? The temporary Feel-good feeling one gets when brain releases oxytocin when they think they just got a good bargain on clearance?...on that one day only item! LOL....can you tell Im a long reformed shop-a-holic? My new saying is "something is not a bargain (clearance, one day clearance or not) if I just bought something I do not need" Oh yea the "That day only" adds to the urgency so that the prospective buyer does not take too much time to rationally think on the item LOL! Some years ago I took a course in sales tactics...was eye opening. Is an entire science of using those words you mentioned to elicit the desired response in the brain. Was amazing.

Honored Contributor

I have never understood QVC's pricing stragegy.  It makes no sense to me at all.

Frequent Contributor

It's really confusing when they do the "one day only" price. Most importantly b/c it becomes more confusing them showing videos other days on so many channels. They must "trick" a lot of people into confusing prices.

Clearance has always been a lower price and it will never return!

Respected Contributor

Pre-season clearance. That does not make a lot of sense. Maybe they're clearing out last year's spring and summer stuff

Esteemed Contributor
@Stormygirl. We agree. It’s a psychological thing I guess. Just think the changes their computers have to go through with all the price changes. Lol
Esteemed Contributor

WANT TO SEE CRAZY?? CHECK THIS OUT.   

A370030
Cuddl Duds Buffalo Check Sherpa Lined Socks Set of 2

On Clearance

S&H: $3.50

S&H: $5.50

Trusted Contributor

I worked for 20 years in retail clothing. A "clearance" price is generally to"clear" out the inventory of certain items. Clearance prices generally do not go up in price, they go down, until the item is gone. Sale prices are a completely different case. I have never understood the Q's game plan as far as clearance items are concerned. You can get much better clearance deals from other retailers.