Frequent Contributor

CIJ.   Spare us it isn't even July and that is bad enough.  Don't watch    Linda

Respected Contributor

Christmas In July promotions begin this time of year...every year. Are you surprised???

Respected Contributor

@pennysmom I'm sorry that you are unhappy that Christmas in July starts this Sunday.  As for me, I will be watching, and, hopefully, finding things to purchase.

QVC does it every year for as long as I've been watching, which is many years before I began to actually buy things.  It must be quite popular and profitable for them or they would not continue the practice.  

If you peruse some of the other posts on this topic you will find that many QVC folks can't wait for it to begin.  And there are lots that are not enamoured of CIJ.  Check out the holiday forums and you'll see.  

I think they are starting on June 30th for the kickoff due to the way the calendar falls this year.

Long live the differences in people and their individual preferences--it keeps the world we enjoy interesting!

Honored Contributor

@pennysmom wrote:

CIJ.   Spare us it isn't even July and that is bad enough.  Don't watch    Linda

I agree, I turned to Evine and there was a tree.   I immediately turned it off.  

Valued Contributor

If we can’t talk about politics or religion on these boards, but someone can actually come here and create a post telling us to not watch QVC, then there is a serious problem with this forum’s guidelines. 

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, it seems as if a lot of the merchandise during CIJ and subsequent months ends up being clearance items that QVC is trying to unload. I do not need one more Christmas decoration, and most items that are shown are available cheaper in other places.

It is hard to get excited about Christmas when it is hot and humid outside and we are all wearing shorts and sweating! I will be excited about Christmas shows in the fall.

Respected Contributor

HA! HA!  To each her own!

I already ordered my Landies Candies pretzels for November delivery--SO Delicious and I do not want them to be sold out...

I also went through ALL the pages of the CIJ to see what might catch my attention...

Of course, QVC is a shopping channel, so I come here to SHOP.  

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@pennysmom I'm sorry that you are unhappy that Christmas in July starts this Sunday.  As for me, I will be watching, and, hopefully, finding things to purchase.

QVC does it every year for as long as I've been watching, which is many years before I began to actually buy things.  It must be quite popular and profitable for them or they would not continue the practice.  

If you peruse some of the other posts on this topic you will find that many QVC folks can't wait for it to begin.  And there are lots that are not enamoured of CIJ.  Check out the holiday forums and you'll see.  

I think they are starting on June 30th for the kickoff due to the way the calendar falls this year.

Long live the differences in people and their individual preferences--it keeps the world we enjoy interesting!

@aroc3435 

I’ve actually already purchased a few things.🎅🏼🤶🏻🎄

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

HA! HA!  To each her own!

I already ordered my Landies Candies pretzels for November delivery--SO Delicious and I do not want them to be sold out...

I also went through ALL the pages of the CIJ to see what might catch my attention...

Of course, QVC is a shopping channel, so I come here to SHOP.  

@FancyPhillyshopper    What a concept--shopping from a shopping channel.  Haven't gone through all the pages yet.  My grandsons and significant other like the Harry London candies.  May have to try another brand, like Landies.  Think last year the HL didn't show up until later in the holiday cycle and not in the same way as prior years.

Landies gets thumbs up from folks such as you if I recall correctly so I'll go look right now . . .  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@pennysmom I don't take TV viewing directions from strangers!! As they say "you're not the boss of me" LOL