Respected Contributor

Re: CHRISTMAS ON BOTH CHANNELS?

This must really be an unusual occurrence as there was another post asking the same question. I just thought they were getting a late start this year kicking off the holiday shopping which allowed the Jan returns!

Regular Contributor

Turned QVC on this morning to see those hideous oversize holiday sweatshirt blankets with the over-the-top faux enthusiasm from the product presenter.  I quickly changed the channel.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched a Christmas show in 10+ years.  I found them repetitive (like most Q shows) and a lot of junk.  I know people like these shows and that's ok.  They aren't for me.   

People complain about prices but are willing to pay for tariffs and ever-increasing corporate greed.  It seems to me like it'd be more fun to buy locally, particularly in smaller businesses where many items are handmade or made in the US and usually have a lower mark-up.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624   I have Hanukkah decor and a Hanukkah tree with decorations the grandchildren made, but I save them from year to year...maybe add one or two. This just seems like overkill. I know I’m in the minority not celebrating this holiday, but this is no different than putting My Pillow on QVC and Q2. If you don’t want/need a pillow, you won’t be watching either channel for 2 days. It does not seem like a win/win for Q.

yep,  I like to watch the Qs in the morning but yesterday it was all Christmas,  like you it's not my holiday, but that's OK, 

you would think variety would make some sense, 

Occasional Contributor

I agree that it is overkill with Christmas.  It is still September by the way.  I don't understand why QVC feels the need to shove these Christmas shows down our throat at this early date.  Then they put it on both channels--it's just too much.  Disappointed with QVC scheduling in general.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

All 3 channels with Christmas stuff. A few good things, but most of it junk. The powers that be at QVC thought this is a good idea? Christmas in July, Christmas in August, etc...

Some of us like to enjoy the other holidays before we think about Christmas. Wasn’t Christmas in July enough?🙄 Poo-pourri on both QVC1 and QVC2 at the same time right now. I say Poo Poo!

Honored Contributor

QVC will air what they hope will sell. 

This happens when they do fashion days...cooking days...etc!

So if on one channel is D&C, they can't do Quaker on the other channel?  Afterall, it is clothes on more than one channel and I am not buying clothes right now!

Christmas throughout the year is a sales tactic used by many, many retailers.

An 'artsy' little town just did Christmas in July...all local, all small retailers etc.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I hate to see Christmas in July or Sept.It disrespects the meaning of Christmas.I am watching the news.

Honored Contributor

Don't need both channels.  Just repeats on Q2.  Boring to me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm always surprised that people are surprised about QVC's Christmas programming. For more than 20 years now, there have been lots of Christmas shows on throughout the Christmas in July event, and after that, on the 25th of the following four months, there are more Christmas shows to help people prepare for the 25th of December. None of this has anything to do with honoring any "true meaning" of the religious Christmas holiday; it is all about decor and gifts and celebration of the joy of the season—which many QVC customers absolutely love and is the reason why it has continued for decades and doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon.

I know the "change the channel" answer isn't popular, but that doesn't mean it isn't valid. I constantly change the channel when they have fashion and beauty events like they did for almost all of last week because that content doesn't appeal to me, and I've learned that watching on Mondays is pointless for me for the same reason. QVC sells so many things that it seems unlikely that anyone is always going to be happy with what it airs. Just tune in for the programs you want to see as you would for any other channel.