Occasional Contributor

Re: CHIA PETS---VACUUMING, AND RERUNS!

If you all hate QVC so much, why are you here?

Honored Contributor

On 5/13/2014 SueWNY said:

I guess for the same reason you aren't over on the "The Q We Love"... and who said anything about hate...? The point being made is there is a lot of room for improvement.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 5/13/2014 stevieb said:

Spurt, Spurt, Spurt... you heard it hear first. I know how very exciting you're going to find two new, well, sort of new, Q lines on the horizon... Bag Lady fashions for kids (Logo Littles, and I kid you not...) and Wen for kids... Yes indeedy, it looks like moms has embarked on a whole, uh, new... second childhood theme... Much more of this and I am SO out of here... Also, the June Insider features, well, features on both That Man o' Mine and the Marm... Now, I ask you, how could it possibly ever get any better than this...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Big, huge NEXT!

OMG!

Is this what moms brings us for variety.....perhaps we should chime in on that conference call on May 15 and tell them the direction THEIR CUSTOMERS want! Now children can look like bag ladies/men

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 5/13/2014 SueWNY said:

There is no hate, it's called satire and humor......

....Oh I still purchase from the Q mostly online because my favorite vendors are shown when I'm working or in the wee hours of the morning....meanwhile QVC keeps showing the same items OVER AND OVER AND OVER in prime time and on the weekends.....how many vacuums, blenders, computers/tablets does one need! QVC has steadily gone down hill in the last few years, and their financial results support what many of Q's long time customers and regulars of Q DID WHAT think---we do not like their lack of variety.....hate the overkill (especially on weekends)..... and they show primarily what you can find locally! And I'll beat you to the punch---yes we turn the channel or find something else to do---and don't stay glued to a channel that is downright boring---time is too valuable!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 5/11/2014 maryebrown said:

Thank you, SPURT! I appreciate your compliment on my take of The Queen Bee. I've only seen her once, in passing, before this weekend's shows, so I had no preconceived ideas what her jewelry entailed. She struck me as the Cat that swallowed The Canary who thinks that nobody notices "what's missing". One check of the empty birdcage shows the intention of Sneaky Cat, in this instance fooling the onlookers (buyers). This morning I read many threads posted by her 'subjects' who are disillusioned with her duplicity (and her laughing all the way to the bank).

I did watch a bit last night early on, when SchoolMarm was practically kissing her ring and being praised by Her Majesty as her favorite and most learned host (gag me). Later, I watched the Green Goddess presentations, and thought "who would pay those prices for paste"? Uggh!

I DO love your weekly Threads, the pics are too funny - LOVE Jasper, he looks so much like/reminds me of our Mr. Kitty who was attacked and killed by a male cat 2 years ago. Miss Kitty has been missing him, too. We are adopted by many homeless cats here, in the country, but they won't come inside the house. Miss Kitty has been here almost 5 years but she's ferel - we can feed her and she'll brush against us but she won't let us "touch" her. Mr. Kitty came along about 6 months after her and was very friendly, let us pet him, even jumped up in our laps! We miss him, terribly.

Hi Maryebrown---WOW you only saw the QOH once and your analysis was right on the money! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Oh your story about Mr. Kitty brought heartfelt tears to my eyes---I feel so bad---I'm an animal lover and partial to cats in particular (as you can tell).

I used to feed 3 feral cats---I always kept the area clean and picked up the food after I fed them---but a mean and hateful neighbor turned me into the Homeowners Association (even though I was not the only one feeding them).......so I had to stop feeding them, it broke my heart, they all moved on to another part of the neighborhood, but one in particular was still persistent and used to cry and sleep at my door, and I saw the neighbor kick her and throw something at her.....so I took her in.....and socialized her a bit, had her spayed, and tried to find a good home for her---no takers , so I ended up keeping her....her name is Puddin....but she doesnt get along so well with my other cat, Figgy---they are both Tuxedo cats.... So I appreciate your story about the feral cats---some are more friendly then others.....thank you for having a heart and feeding those cats, and especially taking care of Miss Kitty......

Esteemed Contributor

SPURT,

Figgy needs to lighten up about the other cat. You couldn't just leave Puddin homeless.

Yesterday when I checked the TV guide I noticed that QVC was showing turquoise jewelry. I didn't watch because I had to go out, but that may have different programming. I don't know what their prices are, but have a feeling that it's expensive. Even on easy pay.

How many playoff games does the NBA have? I notice the games televised on certain channels every night. It seems to have been going on for a couple weeks now.

Just a reminder: you mentioned something about a shampoo cleanser. WEN is NOT a shampoo, if that's what you meant. Smiley Happy I don't use it, but Chaz says it's better for your hair than regular shampoo. For the price he charges, it should do more than just cleanse.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 teganslaw said:

SPURT,

Figgy needs to lighten up about the other cat. You couldn't just leave Puddin homeless.

Yesterday when I checked the TV guide I noticed that QVC was showing turquoise jewelry. I didn't watch because I had to go out, but that may have different programming. I don't know what their prices are, but have a feeling that it's expensive. Even on easy pay.

How many playoff games does the NBA have? I notice the games televised on certain channels every night. It seems to have been going on for a couple weeks now.

Just a reminder: you mentioned something about a shampoo cleanser. WEN is NOT a shampoo, if that's what you meant. Smiley Happy I don't use it, but Chaz says it's better for your hair than regular shampoo. For the price he charges, it should do more than just cleanse.

Hi Teganslaw----

The NBA is a never ending story----it's like having another job there are so many games--They start in October and if you are in the finals it will last until early June-loooong season.....

They changed the playoff rounds from 5 to 7 games---

there is the first round, second round, Conference finals, and then finally the NBA finals....WHEW----Im just a fan and Im exhausted....{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

The turquoise show was nice---but it was a tad pricey, few easy pays---BUT they did have some sleeping beauty earrings at $46 (not including shipping and handling)....and a ring for $49.....I did get the earrings......{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Well whatever WEN is all I know it has something to do with the hair, models flip their hair on the show, and it has been known to clog drains ......BTW WEN has a pet line---are you going to purchase some for your kitty Lucky....Wink

Respected Contributor

Hilarious, but I'd include football and baseball and boxing and wrestling and ... In the stultifying mix.