Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: CHANGING CHANNELS, REALLY?

@MrSour wrote:

sorry you got carried away with the over spending and caused you hardship. I can see how this can happen. Good luck

I have no one to blame but myself. I made impulse purchases. Then I realized I had MULTIPLES of the same item.  I feel many older people fall for this because we think the hosts and vendors are our friends, even though we only follow them on facebook they are just salespeople like at Kohls.

Respected Contributor

@Reever you are taking responsibility instead blaming others, so much respect to you. I can get purchase amnesia when shopping from home. It's too easy to add stuff to a cart and hit "place order." Before I buy another basic t-shirt or pair of black pants I have to inventory my closet first! 

Honored Contributor

I change the channel all of the time.  I keep 2 TV's on most of the time when I'm home.

One at each end of the house.  Usually one is on QVC (isn't always the one I'm in the same room with).

I buy a lot of things from QVC and I return a lot of things to QVC.

I just counted what I've sent back since 1 January 2020.  Now these are things that don't fit mostly.  A few things that I didn't like or I bought for my family and they didn't like or want.

Are you ready for this?  I think I counted 73 items.  Yepper...73 items.  I've gotten so I put them together (labeled, etc) in big boxes and return them to the post office.

So, I do watch QVC mostly because I live in the DC/Md/Va area and it seems like even TV shows find a way to put some kind of politics into the picture...or I get adds already for 'vote for me'.  Ugh!

Then I quickly run and change the channel.  But the good thing about QVC is I know I won't be seeing any of that stuff.

My family says, "But QVC is one big add/commercial".

To that I say, "Well, it's easier to avoid listening".

On Friday I sent back 3 pair of shoes.  I wear a size 10 1/2.  They don't make size 10 1/2 shoes.  So if it's a pair I really like, I'll buy a size 11 medium and a size 10 wide.

It seems though that lately neither fits.  There are a lot of women with the same problem with shoes.

I'll never understand why they don't sell size 10 1/2 shoes...never...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66you have returned 73 items to QVC since January 1, 2020?  Or did you mean you sent back 73 items since January 1, 2019?  

I mean, either way.....I'm shocked you haven't received "the letter" about returning so much.  Yikes.  I'm sorry so much of what you order is a disappointment.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I change the channel all of the time.  I keep 2 TV's on most of the time when I'm home.

One at each end of the house.  Usually one is on QVC (isn't always the one I'm in the same room with).

I buy a lot of things from QVC and I return a lot of things to QVC.

I just counted what I've sent back since 1 January 2020.  Now these are things that don't fit mostly.  A few things that I didn't like or I bought for my family and they didn't like or want.

Are you ready for this?  I think I counted 73 items.  Yepper...73 items.  I've gotten so I put them together (labeled, etc) in big boxes and return them to the post office.

So, I do watch QVC mostly because I live in the DC/Md/Va area and it seems like even TV shows find a way to put some kind of politics into the picture...or I get adds already for 'vote for me'.  Ugh!

Then I quickly run and change the channel.  But the good thing about QVC is I know I won't be seeing any of that stuff.

My family says, "But QVC is one big add/commercial".

To that I say, "Well, it's easier to avoid listening".

On Friday I sent back 3 pair of shoes.  I wear a size 10 1/2.  They don't make size 10 1/2 shoes.  So if it's a pair I really like, I'll buy a size 11 medium and a size 10 wide.

It seems though that lately neither fits.  There are a lot of women with the same problem with shoes.

I'll never understand why they don't sell size 10 1/2 shoes...never...

@Annabellethecat66   I just went to shoes dot com and typed in womens size 10 1/2, and got 916 pair of all different styles.  I've ordered from there many times, and they have free shipping.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

73 returned items? But you ship some returns in one big box? I assume they still charge the return fee for each item? Yikes!!
Honored Contributor

I quit watching a few years ago.  I think I could recite the spheels for most of the products since they're pretty much the the same, or a variation, today.  Actually, I do tune in for some of the 2 gold days per year.  i used to watch a lot on those days but now prefer to just check online.

I don't need chatter, twirling, name dropping, and useless information.  I want to know details...size, fit, length, gram weight, how to (in some cases), and such.  The hosts are not my friends and, while I wish them well, I have no desire to hear about their kids, vacations, or other personal things.