Honored Contributor

Re: CHANGING CHANNELS, REALLY?

I'm usually on my lap top and have the Q on in the back ground, when the host gets to be too much either with nonsense or just the grating sound of a voice, I click them off. Listening to the show on Q2 right now and NH is really starting to get on my nerves, click off she goes.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Many threads and/or posts are about vendors, hosts, shows, items, etc. So, who's really changing the channel?

I change it all the time.  I am a channel changer, it there is a commercial or nothing on I will go to the shopping channels to see whats going on.  If I don't like whats on I change it.I do not use shopping channels for background noise, sometimes shophq when they have clothing or jewelry shoes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not changing channels now because it's not on much at all. QVC had been on quite a bit...often in the background when I did other things.  That's when I made most of my purchases.

Since before Thanksgiving it hasn't been on other than Christmas decor and a few other shows.  Drab Christmas set decorations, too much repetition, uninteresting products, and hyperactive hosts acting giddy and being loud.  Their high strung behavior is catchy and I don't want to feel high strung in my own house.  

Honored Contributor

@annie315 wrote:

I have no television in my home. I only listen to commercial free radio and browse the internet on my iPad. It really is so freeing to be able to create my own reality instead of being bombarded with stuff I have no interest in. I am as informed as I need to be. And quite content. 

@annie315    No TV! Impressive! 👏I am addicted to TV and my iPad.  Not proud of it.  Just the way it is.

Valued Contributor

OMG I'm so jealous of no tv, I wish I had the guts!! Kudos!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@annie315 wrote:

I have no television in my home. I only listen to commercial free radio and browse the internet on my iPad. It really is so freeing to be able to create my own reality instead of being bombarded with stuff I have no interest in. I am as informed as I need to be. And quite content. 

@annie315    No TV! Impressive! 👏I am addicted to TV and my iPad.  Not proud of it.  Just the way it is.

@SeaMaiden  Same here, but proud of it! Although I usually don’t turn it on till night time. Couldn’t live without a tv. IPad is usually within reach.

Honored Contributor

@jlrbr wrote:
@queen75IMO there was a huge shift awhile back and the Q just changed, not for the better. Like so many others have stated, I guess it's all about the numbers and sell sell sell. But you don't have to yell and wow and fri-yay. I can hear without all that.

@jlrbr 

Yes, and I made a mental note of it.  It was 2017 when I noticed a change in host behavior and sales tactics that continue to escalate since then.  It was a year QVC experienced declining sales.  

Esteemed Contributor

I usually watch the first hour of Leah's AM Style on Saturdays and Mondays, then flip over to the news at 7:00.   Every year, I disconnect myself from QVC in early October or whevever the Christmas trees show up on all the sets.  I start watching again, little by little, after the garden/outdoor shows start in February.  By then, I'm desperate to see some spring!  lawn chairs!  windchimes!  plastic daylilies!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I check in but never just sit and watch---most the hosts are so hard to listen too, and say such stupid things---and really--none of that stuff interests me anymore. can't think of one thing that the Q offers that I can't find elsewhere.

Valued Contributor

I change the channel to QVC or hsn during Fox news commercials just to hear the nonsense