Honored Contributor

Re: CEO Talks About Slow Sales

waiting for KYToby to lecture on how Q is a retailer and we should not be looking for entertainment here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

waiting for KYToby to lecture on how Q is a retailer and we should not be looking for entertainment here.

Woman Very Happy

@jackthebear...

Well, one thing for sure, he'll look pretty goofy if he goes down that path of instructing us that they sell what they sell and program as they program because they're in business to make money... because, well, they aren't...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Just a thought, but I was looking at online customer complaints and it seems that there were two major categories regarding QVC. One was easy-pay problems. The other was QVC's relatively new shipping policy. Paying both QVC's shipping costs as well as return costs seems to have angered some consumers. I wonder about the extent to which Q powers-that-be have examined how some of their policies have a negative impact on sales. There may be an issue of once burned, twice shy.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Just a thought, but I was looking at online customer complaints and it seems that there were two major categories regarding QVC. One was easy-pay problems. The other was QVC's relatively new shipping policy. Paying both QVC's shipping costs as well as return costs seems to have angered some consumers. I wonder about the extent to which Q powers-that-be have examined how some of their policies have a negative impact on sales. There may be an issue of once burned, twice shy.

if something doesn't fit

it's basically a try on fee, and if there is tax on clothing even more.

or during an event day like Saturday over a certain amount free shipping  #neverhappen

I think the current shipping structure is a hold over from when the company was set up and has never been updated.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@febe1 interesting about the survey, I've been a customer for years and have never been asked to do one.  I will also say that I find MOST surveys of those types are skewed to get answers they want from the questions they ask instead of trully wanting customer input.

I know that the QVC cheerleaders will also say that it is only a small portion of us writing here on the forums so therefore our comments are not valuable.  I happen to think they are wrong because while there are probably a minority of people who post on the site, the fact is that QVC's profits are suffering which tells me that others don't bother to complain, they've just stopped buying.

This particular survey was different, @GinaV24. It seems to have been a targeted survey and personal. It seems everything I've bought recently I've had to return. I bought a Halston sweater, and it was shoddy fabric and hung poorly. I wouldn't wear it anywhere. The other was a Graver fleece jacket, and it looked cheap.

Have you noticed the Q hasn't been sending out "return letters" lately? Quality is poor; quality control seems to have vanished. It seems the Q got interested in only making money, uncaring the importance of keeping customers.

I know the average person would never have spent so much money in returns that I have. I was behaving like that saying that I was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results was insanity.

To your point of ignoring complaints on this board. Only a very foolish company would ignore complaints here. That's why good companies have Suggestion Boxes in their stores. They tell the truth, @GinaV24. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they need to get out of the food biz, to be honest with you. They do offer some good foods (My Grandmas Coffeecakes, Bobby Chez Crabcakes, Juniors Cheesecake) but a lot of the food I ordered from Q is down right terrible and not worthy of the name "Gourmet". I can't imagine them making a lot of money off of the food, since so much of the food isn't high in ratings. Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

I think Q should have a separate return policy for clothes, i.e. no charge for return shipping, and possibly even a refund of original shipping.  Afterall, buying clothing isn't like buying a computer, vacuum cleaner, or mixer.  You have to try it on to be sure it fits and looks good on you.

Respected Contributor

WELL SAID!!!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@terriebear wrote:

Women's clothes are "flat" as QVC competes with troubled chain stores' discount sales, but "I think we have some good areas for growth in fashion," George added.

Sales will continue to be "flat" until the Q starts marketing to women who are not seniors.  Women who are in their 20's and 30's will not wear the Q's clothes or most of thier "comfort" shoes.  They wear dresses well above their knees and short shorts, 2 piece swim suits, and 4 inch heals.  The Q refuses to market to these women.  Yet there are many stay at home moms who could watch the Q but won't.  Shawn dressing like these women is not enough.  The Q needs to sell to them as well.  

Wome in their 20s and 30s wear mostly gym clothes and cheap high fashion clothes.  And they aren't going to sit and watch tv to buy them either.  

@Sooner

Another dumb reply written by a senior.... Women who can stay home have a significant other who makes great money who allows them to stay home.  They have the money to pay for high end clothes and do.  They shop at Banana Republic, Theory, BCBG, Nordstrom, and other stores that have the marketing sense to want their business.  NO, they don't buy cheap clothes, and wear gym clothes all day.  They care about themselves, and wear great clothes and carry designer bags.  The Q  is going to continue to go under as their senior viewers go into nursing homes or pass on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@terriebear wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@terriebear wrote:

Women's clothes are "flat" as QVC competes with troubled chain stores' discount sales, but "I think we have some good areas for growth in fashion," George added.

Sales will continue to be "flat" until the Q starts marketing to women who are not seniors.  Women who are in their 20's and 30's will not wear the Q's clothes or most of thier "comfort" shoes.  They wear dresses well above their knees and short shorts, 2 piece swim suits, and 4 inch heals.  The Q refuses to market to these women.  Yet there are many stay at home moms who could watch the Q but won't.  Shawn dressing like these women is not enough.  The Q needs to sell to them as well.  

Wome in their 20s and 30s wear mostly gym clothes and cheap high fashion clothes.  And they aren't going to sit and watch tv to buy them either.  

@Sooner

Another dumb reply written by a senior.... Women who can stay home have a significant other who makes great money who allows them to stay home.  They have the money to pay for high end clothes and do.  They shop at Banana Republic, Theory, BCBG, Nordstrom, and other stores that have the marketing sense to want their business.  NO, they don't buy cheap clothes, and wear gym clothes all day.  They care about themselves, and wear great clothes and carry designer bags.  The Q  is going to continue to go under as their senior viewers go into nursing homes or pass on.

How do you know I don't think Banana Republic, Theory, BDBG and Nordstroms have cheap clothes?  I don't see any of these as high end, but them I am old and dumb and COULD be wealthy for all you know! Woman Very Happy  And how about if I made enough money for my SO to stay home?  Many older women don't take a back seat as you apparently think women do.    Grow up.