Regular Contributor

Re: CEO Talks About Slow Sales

Go to the shoppers to find out what q can do to make us spend more!!!!!!  don't flipping cut employees jobs...horrible!!!!  

THE CUSTOMERS ON HERE WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE ADVICE YOU NEED TO MAKE Q'S SALES FLY!!!  LISTEN TO US!!!

Respected Contributor

The Quality of the product disappeared years ago; the Value of the product is ridiculous (you can buy the same thing locally for 1/3 the price), and if they are cutting jobs, well, there goes the Service!

Occasional Contributor

Seems to me that the "power that be" are not taking responsibility for any of the issues loyal customers are/have faced!!  Olympics & presidential debates, really?  QVC - look in the mirror and your returns. 

Super Contributor

Women's clothes are "flat" as QVC competes with troubled chain stores' discount sales, but "I think we have some good areas for growth in fashion," George added.

Sales will continue to be "flat" until the Q starts marketing to women who are not seniors.  Women who are in their 20's and 30's will not wear the Q's clothes or most of thier "comfort" shoes.  They wear dresses well above their knees and short shorts, 2 piece swim suits, and 4 inch heals.  The Q refuses to market to these women.  Yet there are many stay at home moms who could watch the Q but won't.  Shawn dressing like these women is not enough.  The Q needs to sell to them as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

I guess knowing who to target makes a difference.  Not sure that is something that is easy tp do. QVC is  24-7 and people who are home are older and more likely retired.  The so called younger styles might not be to their liking.  

I buy my clothes in all styles, (I like just about everything since I buy by color).  But I depend upon  sales, places that give me good price points and yes, that includes catalogues, Walmart, Costco, and Amazon.  On the Q I only buy AS IS.  And I do like Zulily for the modern look.  I am a senior citizen, I am retired.  I pride myself in dressing well and I do travel most weekends.... dancing of course. 

Respected Contributor

Well, if they would have listened when people started complaining, they could have avoided this.

It was inevitable with inconsistent sizing, poor quality and then changing their shipping policy to charge us for the privilege of trying the clothing on. Add to that the price increases and no wonder their clothing sales went flat.

As for the other, how many Keurigs and Juicers are people going to buy? Lol. I bought one Keurig 3 years ago and just gave it to my cousin because I think it is too expensive to use in the long run.

My only reaction is why it took so long. Lol.
Respected Contributor

I also meant to point out that the boomers are pretty much in retirement and scaling back on what they buy. I will be eligible to retire in a little over 10 years, so I am now starting to scale back on buying clothes and accessories because I won't need so much in the future. I also want to build up my savings.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bobbie916

What she said!!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@terriebear wrote:

Women's clothes are "flat" as QVC competes with troubled chain stores' discount sales, but "I think we have some good areas for growth in fashion," George added.

This ought to be interesting...

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cutting jobs in West Chester would be a fabulous idea if he and his entire management team were the first to go...

Some of us have been writing here for years about what's wrong with the Q but now that the hue and cry has reached deafening proportions (and quarterly financials have tanked...) the emperor has finally deigned to admit that there are problems in Q-ville... And here's another news flash, sooner or later there won't be staff to cut... and if the brain trusts keep approaching things the way they are now (and have been for the past decade...) nothing is going to get any better over the long term...

Ramp up the variety, ramp up the quality and ramp up the quality control, ramp up the programming, ramp up the warehousing methods, ramp down the prices, ramp down the high shipping and for heaven's sake, please... ramp down the hosts...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...