Esteemed Contributor

Re: CEO Talks About Slow Sales

@Spurt wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@febe1 interesting about the survey, I've been a customer for years and have never been asked to do one.  I will also say that I find MOST surveys of those types are skewed to get answers they want from the questions they ask instead of trully wanting customer input.

I know that the QVC cheerleaders will also say that it is only a small portion of us writing here on the forums so therefore our comments are not valuable.  I happen to think they are wrong because while there are probably a minority of people who post on the site, the fact is that QVC's profits are suffering which tells me that others don't bother to complain, they've just stopped buying.

This particular survey was different, @GinaV24. It seems to have been a targeted survey and personal. It seems everything I've bought recently I've had to return. I bought a Halston sweater, and it was shoddy fabric and hung poorly. I wouldn't wear it anywhere. The other was a Graver fleece jacket, and it looked cheap.

Have you noticed the Q hasn't been sending out "return letters" lately? Quality is poor; quality control seems to have vanished. It seems the Q got interested in only making money, uncaring the importance of keeping customers.

I know the average person would never have spent so much money in returns that I have. I was behaving like that saying that I was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results was insanity.

To your point of ignoring complaints on this board. Only a very foolish company would ignore complaints here. That's why good companies have Suggestion Boxes in their stores. They tell the truth, @GinaV24. Smiley Sad

@febe1 

In addition to Suggestion Boxes now the majority of stores, hand your receipt which includes their website address with a code and they ask you to complete a survey--- so at least those stores are interested in what the customer has to say! .

@Spurt, although not retail, I have AT&T wireless, cable, phone and Internet. Every single time you call AT&T for any of the above, you immediately get a phone call or an email surveying every part of your service. Now that's caring about having a satisfied customer.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC needs to do a deep discount on all merchandise that has been here for over 3 years. Yes there is alot of it. Dont just do 3 or 4 dollars off and call it a sell. Half the QVC price and do a 24hr shipping discount to get rid of these same old products. Get new vendors and dont buy as much product so you can get rid of it and bring in new and fresh items. Offer more easy pay days of 4 or more payments and shipping discount days. Go back to a mixture of programs offered. Have all TSV's be on 3 or more easy pay all the time and STOP showing the TSV for hours at a time and in shows that dont have anything to do with the product. PLEASE. QVC use to be fun to watch in the old days of variety example Boyds Bears, Scrapbooking and Crafts, Silver Days, Gold Rush Days etc. If you are really interested in upping your sells. Take note. Thanks. Oh and you do not need QVC Plus. Do away with that and that would save quite a bit.

Contributor

I read an article that said Mindy Grossman of HSN is leaving there. This article talked about slumping sales at HSN and QVC. There may be many reasons, but for me it, it is several things. First of all, I can hardly watch or listen to many of the hosts. They do not appear professional, nor do they act that way. Why should I listen to fashion advice from someone who dresses like they are on the way to a Halloween party.  These hosts are not uneducated, but some can't even seem to speak English properly. I have watched QVC for 16 years. During that time the quality of the garments has declined.  Lately, I have been visiting brick and mortar stores more often and am actually finding and buying things I like.

Contributor

I am a senior woman who thinks some of these clothes are too young for me. In defense of senior women, we often have more disposable funds to spend. And I don't want to dress like some of the hosts QVC is a large enough company that they could have something for everyone. But thye latch onto 1 thing and that's what they show over and over. I'm sick of hoodies.

Valued Contributor

I really cannot say anything new that has not been said...except,I have always heard the problem lies at the top,not the employees ,there needs to be some changes in management,and I believe you would see a more vibrant Q.V.C. 

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

waiting for KYToby to lecture on how Q is a retailer and we should not be looking for entertainment here.

Is KYToby ill?  The last comment from him was in January in Wellness and also Community Chat.  Does anybody know his whereabouts?

Valued Contributor

I don't understand.....I read the article and it is dated in September, 2016 so why is it in the Philly paper, supposedly today.  This is Sunday, April 30th  on the West Coast so I don't consider this article having any importance.    They need  to go back and look how QVC was operating in the days shortly after they bought it from CVN....those are the days QVC was on top and why buy Zullily....I logged on to look at their merchandise and cannot do it unless I give them my email address which I will not do as I get enough email ******.  Bottom line, they no longer know what they are doing and personally I hope they fall flat on their face for changing what QVC use to be as dynamic shopping....maybe then the CEO will have some empathy for all the employees  they kicked out of their way trying  to make QVC a success anymore!

Valued Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

waiting for KYToby to lecture on how Q is a retailer and we should not be looking for entertainment here.

Is KYToby ill?  The last comment from him was in January in Wellness and also Community Chat.  Does anybody know his whereabouts?

Just guessing, but I always thought that KYToby was a QVC employee.  QVC is laying off people left and right.  Maybe he was one of them?

Honored Contributor

@grooms  This is an old thread.  It was started September 2016, when the article was in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Respected Contributor

It's sad that the people who do the most work are the ones who get the ax when things are going wrong. They start putting other duties on people, but I bet Mr. George has not had his work load increased. He has an assistant to do that! 🙄😡

IMO I can't stand to watch a fashion show and the vendor and host are talking and feeling the models back side. Then they start dancing and I think it's ridiculous behavior and completely rude! If a man were doing this to a female model, I bet someone would complain and file harassment! 

I also will never be in the Christmas mood in July!