Esteemed Contributor

Re: CEO Talks About Slow Sales

I cut back because some hosts would rather be silly on air than show measurements and colors. I am not taking a chance buying something that doesn't fit and paying half of what it originally cost to send it back.

I would also buy a top in more than one color if they combined shipping...

Honored Contributor

I bet  his $alery$$$$$$ is not hurting any!!

He will just lay off a few thousand people who depend on the job for their bread and butter, thats all.

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I cut back because some hosts would rather be silly on air than show measurements and colors. I am not taking a chance buying something that doesn't fit and paying half of what it originally cost to send it back.

I would also buy a top in more than one color if they combined shipping...

Me too!  All those unappealing personalities - yuck. 

These cuts/sales slumps happen through every business in history - it's just what happens. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I watch less and less of QVC.  No real sales....no coupons, boring products lately.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The probability is that with bonuses, inflated salaries, stock options and so on, senior management isn't going to feel the pinch. If they're at all savvy, they've socked away enough over the years to not feel the pain, even if they're given the boot or should QVC just fold up its tent... This situation has been brewing for years and in their arrogance they've taken no meaningful action to stop the bleeding... They've just continued down the same path, as though they were completely oblivious, and now they've landed where it was fully predictable they'd land... Meanwhile, one feels fairly certain that their salary and bonuses have remained intact... It's hard to fathom why the board hasn't taken action if their hired help won't.  It would appear as though a few years ago they might well have scapegoated their chief of US operations and sent her packing. It increasingly appears that while she might have been part of the problem, she surely wasn't the whole problem... It's time to clean house... Staying the course hasn't worked out...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCPhobe most of us have been in your shoes once or twice. I have received this email for the past 3 or 4 months and feel it is very helpful as a reality check on how I spend my money. I believe several credit card companies allow you see your purchase history by category. For some it is an eye opener and puts a brake on the ordering. Anything that helps us budget more effectively is my friend in the long term. The saying concerning food waste "cash in the trash" could be morphed effectively into "cash in the Goodwill bin" for many impulsive clothing and accessories purchases.

Trusted Contributor

I have stopped buying so much stuff ever since Lisa Robertson left.  I just find myself watching so much less now that's she is not on.  I am sure there are others like me as well..Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

well reading that article tells me that they are going to try and "save" their way into a profit by cutting staff.  Yeah that's the ticket.  Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Narrow branding, high prices and boring and repetitive presentations of the items that most QVC viewers have seen ad nauseum are the problem.

they need to put an open survey up for all QVC customers and let us tell them.  It's talked about on the blogs & forums every day - just pay attention.

@GinaV24, the survey I was asked to do wanted answers to low-buying questions. I was told "wild speculation," etc. We've been complaining for a couple of years about programming, too few vendors, bland and repetitive products, high S&H and Returns. The Q pays no attention to its "loyal" customers, b/c those at the top are not interesting in changing, evident in the above article. It's finally hit them in the pocketbook, & they still aren't getting it.

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

The Quality of the product disappeared years ago; the Value of the product is ridiculous (you can buy the same thing locally for 1/3 the price), and if they are cutting jobs, well, there goes the Service!

Plus there are too few products, too few vendors, and stupid programming.