Valued Contributor

Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR Shoppers-may help to prevent returns!

A couple of returns and one exchange in 2 months? Unless you bought a ton of things, that's still two much. But I love your advice. 

Valued Contributor

I have had it with incorrect size charts. I stopped buying clothes unless I already have an item & I need another. Even then it's a gamble!

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@Styleovertrend There is absolutely nothing wrong with your methods, but you can still get stung. When shopping for clothing items, I always check the garment measurement charts. The vendors are notoriously inconsistent in sizing amongst themselves and within their own lines. I happen to be very sensitive about the bust line. I purchased a 1X Denim & Co. Fit & Flair top a while back. When I tried it on, it was extremely tight across the chest. When I measured it, it was only 45". I assume the top had been imprinted with the wrong size. I ended up keeping it, but will not wear it out of the house. Skin tight clothing is not my style. 

I will add that contrary to Gary and Carolyn's constant hype, the Fit & Flair style is not figure flattering IMO. I feel like I'm wearing an upside down umbrella!

@Xivambala 

I agree with you about the fit and flair style to me they look like maternity tops.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheri amour wrote:

@cheri amour wrote:

Another check point is where the garment was manufactured. Fir instance,I have noticed a top made in China (which i try to avoid but get fooled by the country called "imported ")fits smaller than those made elsewhere such as in Vietnam. Sizing chart reflects this but the word "imported " usually means China which usually is confirmed upon arrival. Another unexpected expense then is whether or not to pay the return fee after paying the fee for its arrival. I remember when the same garment ordered in different colors sent to the same address fron the Q used to have one flat fee. Only charged a return fee if one of those items was returned. Works for Zulily (affilliated with the Q) why not try it again? Would possibly sell more fashion items. Making big bucks on postage fees is also a factor that prohibits some of my purchases. I also investigate Amazon prime to compare. Buyer beware!

I have shopped here 30 years and do not recall flat fee shipping. For years one paid full S&H for the first item and half for additional items of the same item number going to the same address. Then they changed 5-6 years ago to charging the same S&H rate for each item regardless of how many ordered. And I agree, the S&H fees can really add up. I wish they did have a flat fee based on $ amount or a prime member set up similar to Amazon.