Honored Contributor

Just added something to my cart and noticed :cart items only held for one hour". Something new because of holiday purchases?

I think many people were adding things to their cart and not eventually purchasing them. It messed up the numbers of items/colors/sizes in inventory.

Just be sure to purchase cart items or lose them in the hour.

Respected Contributor

I don't think that is new @Shanus .  I believe I've seen that message before.  Maybe it's more prominent now but I have seen it.  And I've heard hosts say that just putting an item in your cart doesn't ensure you will get it.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Not new.

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased in awhile, so noticed it when I added/purchased  the Tarte Mascara set of 4.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Definitely not new. It's been this way for quite some time. In the past, the items remained in your cart for one hour if idle. Meaning, as long as you added or removed items they remained in your cart until idle. Currently, no matter how much activity, your items are put into your Saved Items in exactly 60 minutes. I'm not exactly sure when they stopped the "idle" policy but that was the way it was for years.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: CART ITEMS LIMITED

[ Edited ]

Only holding items in your cart for an hour has been going on for like, well, let's just say a very looooong time. What I have begun to notice is that either QVC can't keep time correctly or they're fibbing on this because items are dropped from the cart sooner then an hour. 

I can't prove this but I also "feel" like many years ago if the item was in your cart it did seem to actually be held for purchase. Even if the item already sold out, if it was still in your cart and you checked out, you got it. Not so any longer from my experience. If you check out once it's sold out the order will go through but more times then not it will later show up as backordered...and you probably won't get it. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't. Just my experience, anyway, and I am one prolific QVC shopper. LOL!    

ETA, yep, just proved the "not keeping items in your cart for a full hour" part of my post. I added an item and set a timer. Actually got distracted with a phone call but did check my cart at 45 minutes out. The item had already dropped from the cart and was in saved items. Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Only holding items in your cart for an hour has been going on for like, well, let's just say a very looooong time. What I have begun to notice is that either QVC can't keep time correctly or they're fibbing on this because items are dropped from the cart sooner then an hour. 

I can't prove this but I also "feel" like many years ago if the item was in your cart it did seem to actually be held for purchase. Even if the item already sold out, if it was still in your cart and you checked out, you got it. Not so any longer from my experience. If you check out once it's sold out the order will go through but more times then not it will later show up as backordered...and you probably won't get it. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't. Just my experience, anyway, and I am one prolific QVC shopper. LOL!    

ETA, yep, just proved the "not keeping items in your cart for a full hour" part of my post. I added an item and set a timer. Actually got distracted with a phone call but did check my cart at 45 minutes out. The item had already dropped from the cart and was in saved items. Woman Frustrated

@pupwhippedyou are 100% correct about items not staying in the cart for an hour, even though it says that.  I posted about this last week.  I had an item in my cart that was at an expiring price and free shipping.  It was in there far less than one hour!  When I went to order, it had moved to saved items.  Now the price was much higher and no free shipping.  I never call to order, but I called and got great customer service!  She honored the special price and the free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus - This is not new. If you want an item held longer, you click "save for later". It still does not guarantee you the item if it sells out. 

If an item is added to your cart and you do not purchase right then, it does not mean the item will be available if and when you decide you want to purchase.

Honored Contributor

This is definitely not new, and has been discussed in various threads several times already.