Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAROLYN & DAN NO SEND OFF?!!

[ Edited ]

Room was made for the more diverse  Hosts . That's the way of the  work place now. If you are  over 40 , than you are expendable.

As much as I  do like MBR , except when she acts forgetful,  are they keeping her on and  how abt JT ?

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Room was made for the more diverse  Hosts . That's the way of the  work place now. If you are  over 40 , than you are expendable.

As much as I  do like MBR , except when she acts forgetful,  are they keeping her on and  how abt JT ?

@skatting44 I've always felt that MBR was held in such high esteem and as the lead trainer she would leave on her own terms.  But as you say the work place and loyalty has changed.

Maybe she isn't the lead trainer any longer as the behavior of recently hired hosts sure don't emulate her behavior.  Let's guess who will be the next mentors given the behavior of the current goofy hosts.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123   With 400 people being laid off it seems it would be awkward and in poor taste to celebrate the departure of just two.  I doubt if either is in a state of mind to attend a party.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Apparently. Another bone-headed move by a company that has clearly lost it's way.

When your own "mission statement" type name,

Q-Quality(going downhill in all aspects)

V-value (high ship cost, higher prices than other retailers)

C-Convenience (long leadtimes, long return/credit process) is now meaningless....than where do you go from there?

As for Carolyn and Dan's FB comments...while I'd like to believe they were given some "early retirement incentive package"...their statements, and comments from insiders like on air guest, and other hosts... led me to believe this was an unceremonious lay-off with the standard packages. Two of their best hosts, and by far more professional than any of the newbies, which I can't stand and don't watch. 

Both will land on their feet. Dan especially was maybe nearer to retirement with some health issues...I hope he enjoys his other interests now. Carolyn too.

They were two of the very few I would even watch anymore. Really enjoyed Carolyn on D&C (I won't watch now) and hers were the only gardening shows I watch. 

Q's no longer the company it was....and it once was quite impressive. Yes, retail has changed. But Q has not changed for the better while trying to course correct. I guess all good things come to an end.

@amyb , I wouldn't watch either one, but I'm sorry they lost their jobs. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123   With 400 people being laid off it seems it would be awkward and in poor taste to celebrate the departure of just two.  I doubt if either is in a state of mind to attend a party.

@Kachina624Right, I was thinking of past hosts' celebrations not connecting the dots that they left of their own accord, Lisa Roberson, Jill Bauer et.al.

Just wish they handled it differently and respected the number of years of service  especially Dan at 32? years.

Layoffs aren't pretty. 

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Apparently. Another bone-headed move by a company that has clearly lost it's way.

When your own "mission statement" type name,

Q-Quality(going downhill in all aspects)

V-value (high ship cost, higher prices than other retailers)

C-Convenience (long leadtimes, long return/credit process) is now meaningless....than where do you go from there?

As for Carolyn and Dan's FB comments...while I'd like to believe they were given some "early retirement incentive package"...their statements, and comments from insiders like on air guest, and other hosts... led me to believe this was an unceremonious lay-off with the standard packages. Two of their best hosts, and by far more professional than any of the newbies, which I can't stand and don't watch. 

Both will land on their feet. Dan especially was maybe nearer to retirement with some health issues...I hope he enjoys his other interests now. Carolyn too.

They were two of the very few I would even watch anymore. Really enjoyed Carolyn on D&C (I won't watch now) and hers were the only gardening shows I watch. 

Q's no longer the company it was....and it once was quite impressive. Yes, retail has changed. But Q has not changed for the better while trying to course correct. I guess all good things come to an end.

@amyb 

Very well stated.   Bone-headed?    LOL

Frequent Contributor

Rockygems123, I agree. I feel for all those affected by these sudden layoffs. But, with Dan and Carolyn being on air personalities, and not behind the scenes, it could have been handled more respectfully, for them and for those viewers who have loved them all these years. 

Honored Contributor

If I'm being laid off, please, for the love of Mike, don't give me a party in front of millions of my "closest friends". 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

When you fire someone, they are gone immediately.  They were probably out of the building within an hour of being told. 

Honored Contributor

How do you know that its not forthcoming?  Maybe they did not want one on air, just privately with their coworkers.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)