Honored Contributor

Re: CAN WE PLEASE SHOW FASHION SENSE.....

@santorini  I sure don't agree with Ms. Logo--everything does NOT go with everything.  I could not be comfortable wearing her clothing line.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Ahhh, those jeans!  It seems every host (45 years old and under)and model are wearing their jeans so tight they are doing the opposite of looking attractive. 

Leah Williams is on right now; she has adjusted to her weight loss and she now wears her clothes beautifully.  Her jeans are fitting perfectly on her, not baggy, but not sausage-tight either.  I'm watching her in AM Style this morning and she looks sensational in her clothes (not a fan of the ruffle jacket, but I'm pointing out the fit of her clothes).

Jeans horribly too tight, jackets that don't close, tops that pull across the back and show bra bulge, etc., it's impossible to trust sizing on most of the models and hosts.  I have come to ignore what vanity size they say they are, and only trust the chart measurements.

@Caaareful Shopper 

Yes, Leah always looks nice and her clothes fit properly....From what she says on AM STYLE she makes the decision on what she wears for the show....and her choices are superior to what the Q stylist does.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa Y wrote:

Years ago, I remember Kathy Levine’s clothing presentations were all about the fit. She even had said many time, “if you’re big in the hips/ petite/ busty, etc.,  then this isn’t the right piece for you.” Now it’s about, “this will be good on everyone”.  NOT!

@Lisa Y 

Kathy Levine was before my time, but Lisa Mason did that too...And I remember one time in particular she told a caller if she was petite the coat being shown wouldn't work for her, the caller said she had planned to have it shortened, and Lisa said the way the coat was designed it would alter the lines of the garment, Lisa told the caller she wanted her to be happy with her purchase, and there was a coat coming up that would be a better fit and it was even a little cheaper.  The caller thanked her....That gave me a lot of respect for Lisa because she didnt want a customer to purchase something that wouldnt fit right, and she wanted the customer to be happy with her purchase...You gotta love hosts like Kathy Levine and Lisa Mason...sadly both are no longer with QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lisa Y wrote:

Years ago, I remember Kathy Levine’s clothing presentations were all about the fit. She even had said many time, “if you’re big in the hips/ petite/ busty, etc.,  then this isn’t the right piece for you.” Now it’s about, “this will be good on everyone”.  NOT!

@Lisa Y 

Kathy Levine was before my time, but Lisa Mason did that too...And I remember one time in particular she told a caller if she was petite the coat being shown wouldn't work for her, the caller said she had planned to have it shortened, and Lisa said the way the coat was designed it would alter the lines of the garment, Lisa told the caller she wanted her to be happy with her purchase, and there was a coat coming up that would be a better fit and it was even a little cheaper.  The caller thanked her....That gave me a lot of respect for Lisa because she didnt want a customer to purchase something that wouldnt fit right, and she wanted the customer to be happy with her purchase...You gotta love hosts like Kathy Levine and Lisa Mason...sadly both are no longer with QVC....

@Spurt  Yes, Thank you. I remember Lisa Mason being honest about clothing fit, too.

(I miss Lisa and Kathy.)

Respected Contributor

@Spurt 

Standing ovation!  

Hope you're feeling better! 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt hope that you are feeling better by the time you read this. I do agree with you, not all fashion/style works for every body type. I used to be a skinny tiny girl, unfortunately gravity and my lack of working out has contributed to a change in body type. With that change, I have had to make adjustments in my clothes.  I am not a big fan of really tight clothes but I also don't want all of this drapey flowing stuff that makes me look as though I might be pregnant or am trying to wear a tent. I have some Logo tops from when she first started - the ones with a straight hem and I like those the best. I refuse to wear the sharkbite hems, they simply don't work for me. I tend to favor the Linea line especially for work attire since almost of them are fashioned to look good on me.

Like you, I looked at some of the way the models were styled on spring fashion day and wondered why someone would do that. I felt kind of sorry for them because some of the items shown were NOT flattering at all. if they look bad on the models, I don't buy them.

I have to say too that a 29 inch inseam is NOT a petite length. At 5 ft 2, I have to hem them because I'm not wearing 3 or 4 inch heels every day any more. Just not going to happen. So again, I'll buy a 27 inch and sometimes begrudgingly a 28 inch and assume I am going to have to wear them with boots and deal with it but not every day.

I enjoy watching the fashion shows. The person you were watching who said not all fashion is right for everyone had it correct and I think people have to kind of know themselves and pick and choose what works for them.

Respected Contributor

LOL @Kachina624 yes! Horizontal stripes! Every time he says that I cringe. Honestly no, they don't. Skinny or big stripes all have the same effect and for me, they are not helpful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog Ugh I agree, those tunics or tops that are extra long in the back. Even if they are NOT over skin tight pants, most of the time, they are not flattering. I tried a couple, found that having a long top clinging to my back end would not work for me so I don't buy them. I have some tunic length tops that are made in a fabric that has enough "body" to it so that it fits in a flattering way (or at least I think so) and so I look for those items.

For heaven's sakes if someone would place make a top that has a straight hem again, I would be so excited and happy.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee when LOGO first came on, her tops were not so flowing and had a bit of body to them. I have several tops that I bought then and still enjoy wearing. The styles she shows now, not so much and I seldom buy. I am not interested in looking like I am wearing every top in my closet over all of my other clothes. For me that is not a flattering look.

I almost always wear a jacket over whatever top I have on - mostly because I'm cold all the time AND because it completes the look for me for work. Not everyone needs or wants that and I get it but it works for me.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24  I agree with you that 29" is too long for petite pants.  I also need 27" or 28".  I wish QVC would offer the shorter lengths.