Honored Contributor

Re: CAN WE PLEASE SHOW FASHION SENSE.....

[ Edited ]

Don't worry @Spurt, women are naturally multi-tasking and can focus on and be concerned about a lot of things at one time.

It's all about money...staying in business.  If designers didn't create new trends and colors, they and retailers would go out of business, so QVC looks for ways to get people to buy them.  One way is saying all women can wear them when they are not flattering on every body shape.

Not all colors look good on everyone, but one designer on QVC said change your makeup color.  But what about your new face color not matching your arms and hands?

Gals who purchase classic styles made from high quality fabrics that don't go out of style and last for years save themselves a lot of money over time.  Not that I don't buy a few well designed trendy things sometimes.

QVC styles its clothes to fit all heights, weights, and body types.  It's cheaper that way.  Obviously, not all are going to look great on everyone, but QVC will tell you they do, even when some models wearing them defy that claim.

If I had worn clothes as tight as some of the models when I was a TEENAGER, my mother would have dragged me back into the house and told me to change them.  She would have said, "You're not going out like that. It leaves nothing to the imagination."

She says that about quite a few of the QVC models.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes! Yes! Yes! I had to look twice at the Skinny T vendor, it was so bad. Most of what I’ve seen today was too tight and/or unflattering. Not tempted except for a pack of breezies undies, which will remain under wraps and not worn with skin tight, see through, white pants! Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Don't worry @Spurt, women are naturally multi-faceted and can focus on and be concerned about a lot of things at one time.  

It's all about money...staying in business.  If designers didn't create new trends, they and retailers would go out of business, so QVC looks for ways to get people to buy.  One way is saying all women can wear a particular style or color when it's not flattering.

Gals who purchase classic styles made from high quality fabrics that don't go out of style and last for years save themselves a lot of money.  Not that I don't buy a few well designed trendy things sometimes.

QVC styles its clothes for all heights, weights, and body types.  It's cheaper that way.  Obviously, not all are going to look great on everyone, but QVC will tell you they do, even when some models wearing them look terrible.

If I had worn clothes as tight as some of the models when I was a TEENAGER, my mother would have dragged me back into the house and told me to change them.  She would have said, "You're not going out like that. It leaves nothing to the imagination."

She says that about quite a few of the QVC models.  

@Foxxee 

Your right if they sell their clothes on QVC they are required to make from XXS to 3X...BUT what they shouldn't do is show these models in clothes that make them look ridiculous...or wear something way too tight which reveals every lump or bump....that only makes viewers NOT BUY!!! 

And vendors should think about designs and styles that work on a wide range of sizes....If some can do it, then they all should be able to find things that work for everyone or the QVC buyers should reject them as a vendor....Because in the end if things don't sell, then QVC's financial results suffers then they have a warehouse full of unsold stuff that has to be put on clearance to get rid of it....So bad choices hurts both QVC and Vendor.....

And yes all sales people use a bit of "puffery" but when it causes customers to spend $11 to return something....that customer is going to think twice before they buy from or trust that vendor again....so there are consequences in fudging a bit...

And your right QVC is a bit forced to follow some trends, but more often than not what QVC does is show nothing but trends and its difficult to find classic styles....Everything has an uneven hem, belled sleeves, cold shoulders and pretty much ALL QVC'S clothing lines look exactly the same...Where is the variety, those classics you talked about....Woman Frustrated

Dont even get me started on how the vendors think the weather all over the U.S. is like it is in West Chester...Take a tank top and pants or a skirt, add a cardigan, on top of that a blue jean jacket, and dont forget the fashion scarf...and wear this in the south, southwest, Texas when its 100 degrees yeh, right😡

And you cant stop people from making bad choices...the ultimate responsibilities is theirs...

I love your mom's thinking and attitudeWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt Great post, as usual.  All those painted on "jeans" on the Q are just awful. I like straight leg jeans that are the right size.  I can't imagine how uncomfortable those skin tight pants are.  Hope you're feeling better.🌻🌼

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

@Spurt Great post, as usual.  All those painted on "jeans" on the Q are just awful. I like straight leg jeans that are the right size.  I can't imagine how uncomfortable those skin tight pants are.  Hope you're feeling better.🌻🌼

@MoJoV 

Thanks for the well wishes.......

Like you I prefer straight legs jeans, and I like a proper fit too, and not "painted on"...I like to be able to move comfortably  Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

I think you nailed it!   I know what looks good on me and it isn't peplums, short jackets, horizontal stripes, and Lord knows what else these vendors and hosts states "looks good on every body type?"   Not so....I agree with your about the pants being so tight they look like second skin....NO they will not look good on Me!  You have to be your own judge on what will look good on your type body and what they "tell" you will look good.

I agree about Louis, his designs are absolutely of a "designer"...having said that, there are certain  clothing of his, that I know will not look good on me.  
And don't get me started on jackets...some of them couldn't close a jacket if they tried, so please put clothes on the models that actually fit..

Bottom line...don't listen to the vendor or host, they are only trying to sell...know what you like and what you look good in!

Honored Contributor

I agree with a lot of your comments!

I simply won't wear something that's unflattering on me just because it might be stylish....

Hope you're feeling better!...your kitty guarding the tissue box is too adorable! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I dont believe it is the vendors fault at all.  They design the item then try to sell it.  

Why things look awful on the hosts and models is the wardrobe people at QVC.  Some of the outfits I see on the models and hosts are horrible.  They put models in black and dark colors and we viewing on TV cant see it well.  They cover things up with huge scarves, sweaters and tops so we cant see the blouse, tee or whatever they are featuring.

Carolyn and Jane T are two of the best examples of poor fitting clothes.  They may have the nicest, cutest thing on but since it does not fit properly it looks dumpy.  I do not believe its Carolyns or Janes fault, they wear what they are told by the fashion "experts."

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Ahhh, those jeans!  It seems every host (45 years old and under)and model are wearing their jeans so tight they are doing the opposite of looking attractive. 

Leah Williams is on right now; she has adjusted to her weight loss and she now wears her clothes beautifully.  Her jeans are fitting perfectly on her, not baggy, but not sausage-tight either.  I'm watching her in AM Style this morning and she looks sensational in her clothes (not a fan of the ruffle jacket, but I'm pointing out the fit of her clothes).

Jeans horribly too tight, jackets that don't close, tops that pull across the back and show bra bulge, etc., it's impossible to trust sizing on most of the models and hosts.  I have come to ignore what vanity size they say they are, and only trust the chart measurements.

Valued Contributor

You need a sense of humor when looking at today's fashion.  Shoes are so clunky it looks like a brick strapped to the foot.  Tops are so long legs look too short.   Peplum hides nothing!  Cold shoulders are in while cleavage is not.  And yes, poly/span clings!  Extra length on the back of a top apparently is supposed to hide a backside yet pants are so tight they emphasize a backside...keep laughing!