Honored Contributor

Re: CAN WE PLEASE SHOW FASHION SENSE.....

@spiderw wrote:

My girlfriend used to say a lot of people have magic mirrors.  They look at themselves and think they look good and in reality they don't.  

There are two sides to this, however.  I understand what is being said as far as many of these fashions looking good on everyone.  Certainly a vendor isn't going to sell on the Q and say this top is really for slim ladies as an example.  Therefore all styles are offered for all sizes and those of us who wear plus are grateful.  

I like many of the styles and designs but I also know what will and won't look good on me. Therefore it is my decision whether or not to buy, the host or vendor do not influence me in the least.  With that being said if a woman feels comfortable and happy in something someone else thinks does nothing for her, I say go for it.  As long as it is somewhat tasteful and not showing anything which shouldn't be shown. 

It's all about money and the designers will make clothes as they see fit and the buyers will buy what they like.  The Q is a shopping channel which means hosts and vendors are pushing their products any way they can.  It is good to have all sizes models because it does help to see how an outfit will look.  

I am in the middle of this because all women should be able to wear what they want as look as they feel good, it is appropriate and they are comfortable.  For too long the fashion industry catered to the very slim and now every shape has variety.  You are the best judge of your body and what looks good, happy shopping!!!!!

Feel better, Spurt!!!!

@spiderw 

I totally understand what your saying ...But what's sad is some of these Q designers and hosts DO come out right and say something will look good on all shapes and sizes---dont be afraid of this if your curvier or shorter, or taller...This camuflouges you, this makes you slimer, appear taller etc...Ive learned not to trust them...But sadly some women don't have a feel for fashion or style so they do trust these experts....

I'm a medium petite...and Gary  said this one tunic sweater would be just fine, no need for a petite size...so I made a mistake and bought it and it was mid calf--- way too long, and I paid $11 to return it Woman Frustrated  ....

Amy's another one, She says, remember, I'm petite, but you have to check the shoes she's wearing because she wears high high heels, so the length wouldnt be right with flats....And the specific garment measurements online aren't always accurate or are missing..

I've learned If I see only XXS models out there I get the hint that's probably the only size that garment looks good on....And frankly I dont buy a heck of a lot of clothes from QVC anymore, got tired of returning stuff....

Sad to read reviews that say they gave the clothes to Goodwill because it didnt look right on them and its too difficult to get to USPS to return....

And I still think the fashion industry caters to the XXS Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I think what @Spurt  is saying is that the sellers/vendors/hosts/QVC itself are all supposed to be the "experts" and, while yes they are trying to sell, sell, sell, they might take a small step back to be, dare I say it, truthful.

Maybe that is too much to hope for.

We all know that they are there to sell.

What we maybe don't acknowledge is that a lot of buyers don't have good sense or good taste.  And, in spite of their "maybe" expert status, a lot of the sellers don't either.

I guess I got a bit off topic from Spurt's post.

@GingerPeach 

You are right on the money and said it better than I did...Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Spurt , You nailed it. 👏👏👏👏

@QVCkitty1 

download (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

Dear @Spurt 

I completely forgot to send you well wishes and good thoughts to feel better soon.

Related image

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Gee @Spurt , you do tend to get philosophical when you're feeling miserable.  You're right on target with your remarks.  My favorite is Gary Goben telling us horizontal stripes are camouflaging and will make us look thinner.  I think he thinks if he tells that story enough times, he and we will believe it.

I hope you get to feeling better and you don't have to go to work tomorrow feeling miserable.

@Kachina624 

I think it's the cold medicine making me feel philosophical Woman LOL

Yep Gary talks the good talk regarding the so called camouflaging tricks .....Woman Frustrated

Thanks for the get well wishes....Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Dear @Spurt 

I completely forgot to send you well wishes and good thoughts to feel better soon.

Related image

@GingerPeach 

....thanks........that hit the spot Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

My motto is just because I can doesn't mean I should.

I love straight leg jeans and jeggings but they look horrible on me so I dont wear them. Im also very self conscience about my arms and I dont do sleeveless.

I like my clothes fitted but not tight. I think who ever dresses the models needs to keep that in mind. Fitted but not tight. It would look better and give the viewer a better idea of how the garmet looks.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@Spurt,

Totally agree with you!

https://www.askideas.com/media/08/Heres-A-Bunch-Of-Feel-Better-Hugs.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@meallen616 wrote:

@Spurt,

Totally agree with you!

https://www.askideas.com/media/08/Heres-A-Bunch-Of-Feel-Better-Hugs.jpg

@meallen616 

download (3).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt-Splendid analysis.  Spot on.