Honored Contributor

Re: CALLOUSES, HAIR LIFTING EXPERIENCES, AND LET'S GET LAY-Z!

The heel scraper is just SO over the top... And just to clarify, presenting it as a hostess gift wasn't my idea. I can't claim the credit for that highly original notion. No, that was the vendor during one of last year's MANY holiday presentations of this charming item... I recounted then, but will recount again now for those of you with short attention spans (ahem)... {#emotions_dlg.laugh} that she got that ludicrous Cheshire cat grin going, complete with a gleam in the eye and sat there with a straight face suggesting the heel scraper would make the perfect hostess gift for those many, many holiday parties to which we're all invited. Incidentally, I think the plethora of holiday party is somewhat akin to the concept of the gift wing, you know, to ensure we have an adequate supply of presents for all those we should supposedly gift... But I digress... She went on to suggest that it was SO much more original than would be that boring bottle of wine... Yea, uh huh, whatever... It just struck me then (as it does now) as the height of goofy and as a prime example of really, REALLY reaching to move the goods...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Besides, Spurt, as computer vendors go, now let's get real here, I'd much rather deal with Dell than with HP... Oh, I wouldn't want either brand of computer (though I'd take Dell over HP) but speaking strictly in terms of vendors, well, I think the choice is clear!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 stevieb said:

Well gosh Spurt, now that I've given that man o' mine to you... There has to be SOME reason to watch. Besides, I said I think he's pretty cute, not that he's all that and a piece of cherry cheesecake... Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, well at least to a point, though there are some products and vendors I'll never watch (other, of course, than for the humor factor... ahem, ahem, shaking my head in wonderment...) but I'll watch a few minutes of Dull here or there. As noted, I have zero, no, make that zilch, intent to buy, but why not enjoy a little eye candy. I mean after all, it isn't as though the Q is exactly flush with it... As for other resources, well, yes, I enjoy checking out the athletic world. Gollywood, not so much, though of course, occasionally...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Stevie---well I have to give you credit for enduring any part of that BORING demo just to take a gander at your cutie pie....it must be "love"...KissWink

Yes the athletic world (sans a certain NY QB) can definitely give one "cause to pause"....Gollywood not so much.....the actors I used to enjoy have for some reason gone off the deep end (Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson).....now I think it's purely a coincidence and has nothing to do with me....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But the so called movie stars of today are not stars that would make me swoon....JMHO. But some those of stars of yesteryear can STILL make the heart flutterKiss....Instead of watching the Q I saw a good movie on TCM....remember that movie that KS and I were talking about, THE WOMEN, the one with the dude ranch{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}---well it was the musical version called The Opposite (of women-banned word in Q world)...Anyway, charming remake ---this one did have men in it---although Leslie Nielsen as the leading man was totally miscast---I couldnt help put picture him in his comedy roles---although Richard Osbourn said he was a leading man in his earlier career....go figure...

Oh we are going to the Pizza Place for lunch where the owners happen to be NY Giant fans ..... think of it---we will probably have Eli staring down at us from some photo as we eat the pizza{#emotions_dlg.glare}---maybe I should bring a case of Tums....I think I will call my sister so the owners can hear MY TEAM's fight song...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} We might even get kicked out of the place...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Besides, Spurt, as computer vendors go, now let's get real here, I'd much rather deal with Dell than with HP... Oh, I wouldn't want either brand of computer (though I'd take Dell over HP) but speaking strictly in terms of vendors, well, I think the choice is clear!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

And both are better than Gateway that Auntie M is so fond of.....Im shocked that company continues to hang on by a thread.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 SPURT said:

Well gosh Spurt, now that I've given that man o' mine to you... There has to be SOME reason to watch. Besides, I said I think he's pretty cute, not that he's all that and a piece of cherry cheesecake... Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, well at least to a point, though there are some products and vendors I'll never watch (other, of course, than for the humor factor... ahem, ahem, shaking my head in wonderment...) but I'll watch <em>a few</em> minutes of Dull here or there. As noted, I have zero, no, make that zilch, intent to buy, but why not enjoy a little eye candy. I mean after all, it isn't as though the Q is exactly flush with it... As for other resources, well, yes, I enjoy checking out the athletic world. Gollywood, not so much, though of course, occasionally...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Stevie---well I have to give you credit for enduring any part of that BORING demo just to take a gander at your cutie pie....it must be "love"...KissWink

Yes the athletic world (sans a certain NY QB) can definitely give one "cause to pause"....Gollywood not so much.....the actors I used to enjoy have for some reason gone off the deep end (Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson).....now I think it's purely a coincidence and has nothing to do with me....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But the so called movie stars of today are not stars that would make me swoon....JMHO. But some those of stars of yesteryear can STILL make the heart flutterKiss....Instead of watching the Q I saw a good movie on TCM....remember that movie that KS and I were talking about, THE WOMEN, the one with the dude ranch{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}---well it was the musical version called The Opposite (of women-banned word in Q world)...Anyway, charming remake ---this one did have men in it---although Leslie Nielsen as the leading man was totally miscast---I couldnt help put picture him in his comedy roles---although Richard Osbourn said he was a leading man in his earlier career....go figure...

Oh we are going to the Pizza Place for lunch where the owners happen to be NY Giant fans ..... think of it---we will probably have Eli staring down at us from some photo as we eat the pizza{#emotions_dlg.glare}---maybe I should bring a case of Tums....I think I will call my sister so the owners can hear MY TEAM's fight song...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} We might even get kicked out of the place...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

As Tina said so well, 'what's love got to do with it'... Please Spurt, absolutely nothing. Eye candy, Spurt, nothing more than eye candy... Geesh! Besides, it isn't like I'd endure one of those hour long full presentations of a machine in which I have absolutely no interest just to take a gander...

But do enjoy your pizza with the specter of Eli gazing down upon you. If you can get down more than a bite or two then you're a better woman than I... Talk about YUK! And if your team's fight song is your ring tone, well, I'm so very, very sorry to hear that, Spurt, because quite honestly, you need more help than I think is available...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In fact, were this not a 'family' forum, I'd be happy to share with you the alternative version that some of us local non-fans have created in honor of the Deadskins... Though I will say that I saw your Captain Kirk in person recently and he is a nice looking guy. Certainly more so than your starter, who appears to have come into some serious contact with a homely stick...

Not following you on the name of the movie, you know, the one the Q's UBER sensitive board censors won't allow you to post, but I'll check the listings and see if I can come up with it... Not to say there are some current hunks in Gollywood, just none of those whose names are so often bantered about and seem to set so many hearts, etc... aflutter need apply. There are a few cuties on TV too... I vaguely recall Leslie Nielsen being a leading man type, but have to admit, my preference isn't for vintage. I tend to prefer the new stuff, even if there isn't a lot of it that floats my boat!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

And speaking of Lazy Boys, I saw a few minutes of the TSV presentation last night before turning it off and that is one seriously unattractive chair. The only thing it has going for it is that it ships free but before I'd order, I'd certainly take a look at my local LB store for options and pricing comparisons. Largely unappealing colors, arms that open for storage (sorry, but tacky in my book) and that vendor is hardly among the best sales presences I've noted on the Q.

Dan went on and on about how limited the green option is, but I see it's still an option this morning... Then they had a 'big guy' come out just to show how accommodating the chair is. When asked how tall he was he noted 5' 11'', which hardly constitutes a really big guy...

Honored Contributor

The heel scraper is just SO over the top... And just to clarify, presenting it as a hostess gift wasn't my idea. I can't claim the credit for that highly original notion. No, that was the vendor during one of last year's MANY holiday presentations of this charming item... I recounted then, but will recount again now for those of you with short attention spans (ahem)... {#emotions_dlg.laugh} that she got that ludicrous Cheshire cat grin going, complete with a gleam in the eye and sat there with a straight face suggesting the heel scraper would make the perfect hostess gift for those many, many holiday parties to which we're all invited. Incidentally, I think the plethora of holiday party is somewhat akin to the concept of the gift wing, you know, to ensure we have an adequate supply of presents for all those we should supposedly gift... But I digress... She went on to suggest that it was SO much more original than would be that boring bottle of wine... Yea, uh huh, whatever... It just struck me then (as it does now) as the height of goofy and as a prime example of really, REALLY reaching to move the goods...

Oh now I remember ----the idea came about either from a TPTB as Q's holiday mantra (to move the merchandise)_or a host thinking she was so so clever to mention as the PERFECT hostess gift.....thank you for bringing back such a "beautiful" moment in Q TV that I had forgotten (my psyche probably just couldn't handle it and blocked it out of my mind and just think Stevie you brought it back to life)....errrrrr thanks.....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} And goofiness aptly describes it.....like I said before do some of these hosts pay attention to what they are actually saying????

Oh and you will love this story....I think I heard it on AM Style---the vendor happened to mention that you could use the Emjoi epilator on your underarms and she said Lisa presented the item at midnight and Lisa mentioned how well it worked and how she got compliments ON HER UNDERARMS!!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol} That's a compliment we have waited most of our lives to hear....isnt it....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

This is so true you are making me laugh best I laugh all weekend with boring QVC shows! lol!

Keep posting I love the cute photos of the pets on Lazy Boy!! and Black Ortho shoe guy!!lol!

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 SPURT said:

Well gosh Spurt, now that I've given that man o' mine to you... There has to be SOME reason to watch. Besides, I said I think he's pretty cute, not that he's all that and a piece of cherry cheesecake... Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, well at least to a point, though there are some products and vendors I'll never watch (other, of course, than for the humor factor... ahem, ahem, shaking my head in wonderment...) but I'll watch <em>a few</em> minutes of Dull here or there. As noted, I have zero, no, make that zilch, intent to buy, but why not enjoy a little eye candy. I mean after all, it isn't as though the Q is exactly flush with it... As for other resources, well, yes, I enjoy checking out the athletic world. Gollywood, not so much, though of course, occasionally...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

As Tina said so well, 'what's love got to do with it'... Please Spurt, absolutely nothing. Eye candy, Spurt, nothing more than eye candy... Geesh! Besides, it isn't like I'd endure one of those hour long full presentations of a machine in which I have absolutely no interest just to take a gander...

But do enjoy your pizza with the specter of Eli gazing down upon you. If you can get down more than a bite or two then you're a better woman than I... Talk about YUK! And if your team's fight song is your ring tone, well, I'm so very, very sorry to hear that, Spurt, because quite honestly, you need more help than I think is available...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In fact, were this not a 'family' forum, I'd be happy to share with you the alternative version that some of us local non-fans have created in honor of the Deadskins... Though I will say that I saw your Captain Kirk in person recently and he is a nice looking guy. Certainly more so than your starter, who appears to have come into some serious contact with a homely stick...

Not following you on the name of the movie, you know, the one the Q's UBER sensitive board censors won't allow you to post, but I'll check the listings and see if I can come up with it... Not to say there are some current hunks in Gollywood, just none of those whose names are so often bantered about and seem to set so many hearts, etc... aflutter need apply. There are a few cuties on TV too... I vaguely recall Leslie Nielsen being a leading man type, but have to admit, my preference isn't for vintage. I tend to prefer the new stuff, even if there isn't a lot of it that floats my boat!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

For the movie google June Allyson movies and you will see the complete title.....THE OPPOSITE (BLANK).....

And the current movie actors that get so much press these days---well most just don't float my boat...and they are mostly like a revolving door, here today, gone tommorrow{#emotions_dlg.glare}..definitely no career staying power either....

No, No, No---my sister has a separate ring tone she has assigned to each friend, family member, or work so she will know who is calling her so she can accept or reject---so SHE assigned my team's Fight Song to me as the ring tone when I call her. So picture this-- someone in an Eli Manning jersey answering a phone playing a Redskin Fight Song in a pizza place set up as a shrine to honor you know who--so SHE WOULD'VE BEEN IN TROUBLE! ..{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}....But I was polite and didn't go through with the plan (did not want to embarrass others in the group).....But as we entered the establishment, she did ask the hostess if she got a discount since she was a Giant's fan and the hostess replied "NO"! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.......I will have to post the pix that we had to endure looking at....

Now Stevie, remember, I live in COWBOY COUNTRY (or what used to be) anyway, the Cowboy fans (that are left) have come up with their own versions of my team's beloved Fight Song---and they are not very nice---to I'm sure the versions you heard were probably tame compared to these....{#emotions_dlg.mad}{#emotions_dlg.mad} But what I like to point out AT LEAST WE HAVE A LEGIT FIGHT SONG!!!! Playing Tanya Tucker's "Texas When I Die" is NOT a football fight song....

You saw Capt Kirk----IN PERSON---IN PERSON---WOW!!!--{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}He is certainly a cutie pie!!!! KissKissKiss And I hope you were NICE to him---{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Now compare this to Eli---I rest my case....

I know, I know he's not the starter---but could be --- ya never know---

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 SPURT said:
On 5/30/2014 maryebrown said:
On 5/30/2014 stevieb said:
On 5/30/2014 okiebug said:

Ladies, breaking in for a bit of reality - the Emjoi TSV is an epilator not the micro-pedi.

SPURT, your cat pics are hilarious!!

Still an exceptional hostess gift, we can watch our hostess epilate... as she prepares the salad!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Just beware of "the salad toppings". {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Stevie, your man is doing the final gold show of the month now. Wink

I saw the show...BTW did you hear the call where the grandmother was purchasing that $600 gold and turquoise charm bracelet with the hearts for her 13 (that's right 13 year old grand daughter)!!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I mean really????....I do I get adopted by that woman!!!!

When I was in my early teens my grandmother gave me a $25 bracelet.....and btw I still have it, it's a special keepsake.....

Mary and Stevie---please wipe that drool off .......you're not helping matters any.....after all, we are trying to get rid of the DULL DELLS not encouraging QVC to continue to air them to ruin the weekend lineup! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} For hunks try gollywood or the sports world PLEASE....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Oh Spurt, no need for you to be adopted now that you have a man who's connected... Why I bet the jester can nab you a bracelet and at his discount too...

{#emotions_dlg.lol}