Valued Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA UNABLE TO PLACE ORDERS

@this is my nic wrote:

If there's a non-perishable item you really want, can you have it sent to someone in another state and have them forward it to you? 

I think that is asking a lot for people to do for you.  Plus the extra shipping cost of shipping from QVC to them; and them to you would make the cost of the item excessive.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ifeelwicked  @missteree @Perlier @Ifeelwicked QVC is working through the issue.  I was able to order glass candlesticks today that I was unable to order last night and ship to California!!

Try to order again, and it might work!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

I still can’t get the jewelry I want to go through, but no problem with my win order!  CHEERS! 🍷

Honored Contributor

I haven't placed any orders with QVC since Sept. 1, but have ordered from Amazon and Macy's without any issues.  This is clearly a QVC problem, and the people who should/could fix it are probably off for the holiday weekend. 

Valued Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

I still can’t get the jewelry I want to go through, but no problem with my win order!  CHEERS! 🍷

*WINE 🍷

Respected Contributor

I have a very good friend in CA and would definitely help her if she wanted something from QVC.  That is not too much to ask of a friend and I know she'd do the same for me.  If the s&h from the Q were not too expensive, the additional shipping would not be restrictive, if it's an item she really wanted.   

Esteemed Contributor

There are two threads in progress on this topic in the Customer Care forum, just in case anyone wants to check them out for more details.

Basically, the main issue is that QVC is holding individual vendors responsible for documenting their products in accordance with updated Prop. 65 rules. This is a fair and practical approach, especially with the large inventory QVC handles, but it is not being communicated well to consumers. The requirement for the documentation should have been enforced before now so sales could proceed, but apparently there are vendors who are just not cooperating—and only the vendors who have already complied are able to sell and ship their products.

As other posters have noted, there really needs to be a much better explanation presented when a transaction cannot be processed due to this regulation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered some jeans from Issac and LOVED them and went back for more today and no dice. This is just crazy. Issac's jeans are gonna kill me? C'mon Q (AND VENDORS!)..... get whatever blah blah paperwork complete to sell clothing and stop this crazy.

Contributor

Id read last week that several customers, from California, were having issues ordering. Was/ is it a certain area of California? I live in SoCal & I have not had any problems ordering. 

Hope this problem gets resolved for all of you who cannot get their orders processed. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's qvc's problem, as they had two years to fix it.  August 31 was deadline.  It has to be frustrating though.  I haven't had trouble with items.  Maybe try amazon, they complied with California...unless it is a 3rd party vendor.  

Everyone hang in there, or try ordering  from vendor directly.  Like if it was a cuisinart, go to website.  Martha stewart sells her salmon elsewhere too.  I know I have done it.  If it is tacha, go to tacha website, etc.  i have done that as well.

I live in California?   I tried ordering some soil from a website, I was turned down because of prop 65. So I just kept trying other websites , and it worked.  It is not that you cannot buy the item, it is the vendor has not complied with putting notice in package.  Most vendors have complied.

of course it has to maddening if it is a qvc exclusive, then you are stuck!  Sorry this happening!