Respected Contributor

@sann wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

It's for the "gift closet" 😂

And the neighbors, don't forget the neighbors !!!!!!!!

They say this a lot, to buy multiples.   "Get one for gift closet, keep one in the car, one in your gym bag, one in your desk ar work, one to keep in the kitchen..."

Esteemed Contributor

You can tell when all of the hosts are given "talking" points. They've all also been told to hit the pricing. When something is on sale or clearance, hosts, reps, all gasp unbelieving!!! Then they go into their "funny" math. That's like them putting three cups out there and asking which one is under the cup. How they go into selling you on saving money by buying more. 

I don't buy Supersizes or multiples. Superssizes have gone bad. Multiples? I find something else I like better than the first. 

Respected Contributor

@febe1 You make a good point about the Supersizes.  I get tired of everything in SS as well, especially with skincare, as it only stays fresh for so long.  I don't need Mega sizes of anything but guess there are those that do.  I read that that--the supersizing of everything---is yet another way they make a lot of money off shoppers.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@febe1 You make a good point about the Supersizes.  I get tired of everything in SS as well, especially with skincare, as it only stays fresh for so long.  I don't need Mega sizes of anything but guess there are those that do.  I read that that--the supersizing of everything---is yet another way they make a lot of money off shoppers.

You betcha, KKJ.

Esteemed Contributor

I also think it's nonsense to push people to buy in mulitiples.  Isaac is good for saying that too. Get the black and a color.......  Maybe they should give free shipping on the "mulitples" then perhaps they would sell more of the product.  Most clothing at $3.50 per item, come on, it's a joke.

Honored Contributor

Re: “Buy Multiples”

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 

What I find amusing is that while putting an item on 5 Easy Pays makes it more affordable to buy more than one....what they think we are not taking into account is that you still get charged for shipping and handling of EACH item even though sometimes QVC throws them all in the same package or box!!!  If they want us to buy MULTIPLES they need to go back to what they used to do---if you purchase more than one of the same item in the same order you get half off on shipping on subsequent items...at least that helped...but including the $3.50 or $5.50 on up for each item adds up quickly and contributes to the overall cost.....which many viewers are smart enough to take into account no matter what sales spiel the host may give....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I buy clothing in multiples a lot.  

Just not from QVC.

Valued Contributor

Just curious how many bought two traeger grills one for your regular house and one for your beach house?

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi  Have you or anyone else bought something with one of those ‘descriptive’ colors and it ended up being different from what you ‘thought’ you were ordering?  Because I have.

Now I have to sit with phoneor iPad in hand to see the REAL color BEFORE I order it!

It’s slow going.  Many people ordering these days ( maybe thanks to Covid weight gain) are ordering a size 2X...sometimes my size.

Before Covid I was an XL or 1X.  No problem ordering..always availabile...

I can’t say specific colors I look good in; but I definitely know I look terrible in citron or lime green.  You wouldn’t know it by looking at me but I have very light/pale skin.  Whatever liquid makeup I buy must always be the lightest.  That’s why I like I look so bad in that citron color.  My guess anyway.

I’ve gotten so used to ordering without talking with a human...pushing numbers BEFORE the recording starts or finishes.

Buying multiples isn’t something I do on purpose but have by mistake.  Then I have to go back and delete..delete.  Ha!

Take care sweet ladies and be safe!

Trusted Contributor

They are doing their job and they are saying what they are told to say.  I think if any of us could do their job better than they do, then perhaps you should audiiton for the job.

I know I couldn't do their job nor would I want too.  I am glad they do.