Honored Contributor

Re: Brooke Shields Coming with New Line

[ Edited ]

@Spurt - I think that in most instances, there is minimal involvement. They are shown a group of designs. As long as they don’t actively hate the designs and have X amount of big bucks to fork over to the designer, that’s about the extent of their involvement except for flogging whatever it is on a shopping channel and pretending to have been “heavily involved” in the creation and design (yeahright) “from the beginning.” Um...no.  I don’t believe everything I’m told.

I doubt that the shopping channels care about anything but the supposed celebrity cachet potentially bringing in money.  And for all those who are not impressed with “celebrity fashions” there are a dozen out there who are impressed, and will buy.

Look at Lisa Robertson. The items she sells are not really unusual or one-of-a-kind (she gets most of them from wholesalers after all) but her Believers are firmly convinced that they are, and will buy anything she sells simply because she tells them it’s special/best evah. The same type of celebrity-worshipper will get all excited about any item any “celebrity” ever tries to sell on QVC, HSN or Evine, because...celebrity. It’s why Reality Trash TV is still going strong (gag me).

It’s sometimes painful (in the nausea-inducing sense) to see unfolding, but there are more gullible folks out there than the discerning and thoughtful.

ETA that I have nothing against Brooke Shields and have always liked and respected her. If/when I see her clothing on QVC I’ll make an opinion based on my eyes ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

sorry daysdee but Joan rivers is or was a celebrity so you are buying from a famouse line of clothing ! I find that I agree with the previous poster ,most of the posts are bitter and mean comments directed at the hosts ppl don't care for. Personal attacks about hair, mannerisms, lipstick !who looks better in clothes. Really I thought the hosts job was to sell not to personally appease you in their every single way from head to toe.
Honored Contributor

I intentionally avoid shows with celebrities' lines.  Celebrity status does not appeal to me.   Give me a real designer and I might pay attention.

Super Contributor

I'm happy that Brooke Shields is coming to the Q.  Only because she is tall, and I hope she brings some tall pants with her.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Indeed.

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Ho hum. Another celeb with more stuff for me to ignore!

Respected Contributor

Ditto

Respected Contributor

Anything for a buck

Honored Contributor

Glad to see something new and not the same old, same old.