Respected Contributor

Bronzo Italia White Bronze - question for customer service

I am not on facebook, so I am going to post my question here.

In October 2014, I bought the 5 strand tubogas bracelet in the white bronze.

J291674

Bronzo Italia White Five- Strand Tubogas Bracelet

In the presentations, we are always told that white bronze is white the whole way through.  I have just noticed in the past week, that 3 of the 5 tubogas bracelets are showing the rose bronze through.  Evidently, the white bronze is wearing off and the rose is underneath, which is not what we are told.  I checked the original description and saw nothing about it being plated over the rose bronzo. 

Obviously, I am well past the 30 days to return this.  Is there anything I can do?  Pretty soon it is going to look too bad to wear and it was not a cheap bracelet.  It was $237.12 when I bought it.

Thanks for your assistance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bronzo Italia White Bronze - question for customer service

I can tell you what I have done: contact CS, ask for a supervisor and explain it in the exact way you did here. IF the information on Facebook or on QVC states it's supposed to be white all the way through and it isn't, then QVC... false advertising.

I will say that I have returned items way past the 30 day for being defective/not what was advertised and they refunded every penny including S&H.

Good luck. : )

Esteemed Contributor

I will be interested to see if anyone from QVC responds to your concern.  That bronzo stuff always made me leary.  I actually can't remember if I bought any or not -- if I did it was only 1 or 2 things, before I decided to avoid it all together.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 There are complaints from 2014 that the silver is wearing off after a few months, so... it's a known/documented issue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cosmic1 Sorry that has happened to you on such a costly item and I hope you get a good response from a CS Supervisor.

I was recently tempted to purchase the RLM white bronze ring below, until I read the reviews.  Now i'm not the least bit tempited to be any bronze whatsoever.  Bronze isn't sterling silver, even though Q is charging silver prices for it.   You can't go "on the cheap" and expect quality I've learned.  And electroform, silicone-filled jewelry will not hold up the same as solid sterling silver or solid gold will (not that this or your piece is electroform, but that's just another example of QVC going on the cheap with jewelry).. 

See the reviews for this relative to your experience:

http://www.qvc.com/RLM-Bronze-Molten-Bubble-Sculpted-Band-Ring.product.J319085.html?sc=J319085-SRCH&...

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the advice and support.  I didn't call CS first because I didn't think the person answering the phone could address this.  I thought maybe one of the social media people who monitor the boards could point me in the right direction. 

If I don't see any responses for the Q social people, I will try calling and asking for a supervisor.  I had no idea that others were having this issue.  It seems if the bronzo is supposed to be that color the whole way through, the manufacturer did not do what they were supposed to.  That's a shame and it does cause people to be leery of further purchases.

I have other bronzo pieces in different colors, but this is the first one that has had this happen and that is probably because a bracelet is going to get the wear and tear.

Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:

I have other bronzo pieces in different colors, but this is the first one that has had this happen and that is probably because a bracelet is going to get the wear and tear.

@cosmic1  As a ring would too, in the case of the RLM piece above.   Earrings would probably fare better, but the bronzo isn't exactly cheap on the Q (as you well know) and just shouldn't be rubbing off on any kind of piece.   

Respected Contributor

I have never had any problems wth my Bronzo Italia pieces.  I have never purchased the white bronze though.  They give examples about how it is the same color all of the way through.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I have never had any problems wth my Bronzo Italia pieces.  I have never purchased the white bronze though.  They give examples about how it is the same color all of the way through.

But obviously from the customer reviews it isn't.

QVC Customer Care

@cosmic1

Please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will assist you with this.

Beth QVC