Honored Contributor

Jane Treacy works for QVC.  QVC decides, not the host, what's the best combination of host & time-slot.  QVC is in the business of making money, and sales drives the shows and hours that you see Jane or any other host.  They have sales metrics that show them absolutely everything.  It's not about Jane getting to pick hours when most people are home from work.  If she didn't generate lots of sales, she wouldn't be on so much. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Jane Treacy works for QVC.  QVC decides, not the host, what's the best combination of host & time-slot.  QVC is in the business of making money, and sales drives the shows and hours that you see Jane or any other host.  They have sales metrics that show them absolutely everything.  It's not about Jane getting to pick hours when most people are home from work.  If she didn't generate lots of sales, she wouldn't be on so much. 

@Caaareful Shopper  I believe you are 100% correct. It’s all about the money as it should be. Not the host.

Respected Contributor

I thought Lisa Mason was coming back as a host.

Trusted Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Wow, I just watched her Diamonique show.  I have been a customer since day one and I forgot what it is like to see a host who is mature, professional, soft speaking, classy, etc., etc.  I always loved watching Lisa years ago.  Now we have to put up with screaming, narcisstic, loud millenials.  Lisa is from the old school, i.e., Mary Beth, Leah, Jayne (not Tracey!), and a few others.  So tired of all the immature, silly, childish nonsense that goes on now.  And I am really, really tired of that stupid happy dance and another host who just keeps laughing at nothing at all.  Please bring back Lisa, she is such a class act and a pleasure to watch.

I believe that when Lisa left it was because she had health problems (correct me if I am wrong). I don't think she could come back to QVC if she wanted to.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bring Back Lisa Mason!

[ Edited ]

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Wow, I just watched her Diamonique show.  I have been a customer since day one and I forgot what it is like to see a host who is mature, professional, soft speaking, classy, etc., etc.  I always loved watching Lisa years ago.  Now we have to put up with screaming, narcisstic, loud millenials.  Lisa is from the old school, i.e., Mary Beth, Leah, Jayne (not Tracey!), and a few others.  So tired of all the immature, silly, childish nonsense that goes on now.  And I am really, really tired of that stupid happy dance and another host who just keeps laughing at nothing at all.  Please bring back Lisa, she is such a class act and a pleasure to watch.

I believe that when Lisa left it was because she had health problems (correct me if I am wrong). I don't think she could come back to QVC if she wanted to.

@RealtyGal2Yes, I remember that too.

Lisa said she had health problems, in fact she sat during all of her presentations toward the end of her hosting days the last time around. She often had the vendor handle all of the presentation duties from not feeling well.  Interesting though, at the same time, she was posting on Facebook that she was training for a half marathon. Showed lots of photos of her outdoor running training.

I never watched QVC during Lisa's original hosting years.  But I watched her when she came back.  So I cannot add my own sentiments about her being one of the great hosts of QVC.  I'm glad others are happy to see her.

Honored Contributor

When she was live on Facebook on Tuesday with Marybeth she said she left the last time because of her husband being very sick and wanted to take care of him.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I thought her departure was due to her husband's lengthy illness and death. Maybe she'd like to do something she enjoys and is good at and this is the right time for her. 

I much prefer the calm days of her, Judy, Dan and Paul. I don't watch anymore. When Jane T is starting to look like the demure one, you know the others have to be off the charts obnoxious. 

funny

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

Never cared for her 

as fake as a $3 bill

why she'd want to try the q a 3rd time is a question unless she needs the money

@jackthebear -

No she really is very sincere and caring. I've had personal experience of that off the air she really is a beautiful warm person.

I'm really happy to see her again 

and seems like she is doing wellSmiley Happy

good to know

an on-air persona and off-air can be very different

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimalsWhile they're at it, let them bring back Bob Bowersox and Steve Bryant.  Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I also liked Lisa M.   I am so tired of the newer hosts and the shows with all the "inside jokes" and wasting time asking "what flavor of  ice cream do you like?", etc.  No more clothing purchases for me since the sizes are not reliable and returns too costly.  I do buy cosmetics if they are a good value compared to other stores.  I do order some kitchen items even though the kitchen shows are getting very boring and stale.

@Daysdee you must not watch much of Leah's shows. The questions she asks: "what is your favorite geen vegetable?", "are you a side, back or stomach sleeper?"