Respected Contributor

Wow, I just watched her Diamonique show.  I have been a customer since day one and I forgot what it is like to see a host who is mature, professional, soft speaking, classy, etc., etc.  I always loved watching Lisa years ago.  Now we have to put up with screaming, narcisstic, loud millenials.  Lisa is from the old school, i.e., Mary Beth, Leah, Jayne (not Tracey!), and a few others.  So tired of all the immature, silly, childish nonsense that goes on now.  And I am really, really tired of that stupid happy dance and another host who just keeps laughing at nothing at all.  Please bring back Lisa, she is such a class act and a pleasure to watch.

Honored Contributor

They don't want hosts who are "who is mature, professional, soft speaking, classy, etc.".   They want hosts who can SELL and apparently they have statistics and figures that show that obnoxiousness excites people and they BUY. 

They slowly but surely canned the hosts who meet your criteria in favor of the loud, pushy ones.  Those hosts must be under tremendous pressure; do you think Lisa would want to put up with that at this stage of her life?  Unless she's desperate and starving, I'd say "no".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Wow, I just watched her Diamonique show.  I have been a customer since day one and I forgot what it is like to see a host who is mature, professional, soft speaking, classy, etc., etc.  I always loved watching Lisa years ago.  Now we have to put up with screaming, narcisstic, loud millenials.  Lisa is from the old school, i.e., Mary Beth, Leah, Jayne (not Tracey!), and a few others.  So tired of all the immature, silly, childish nonsense that goes on now.  And I am really, really tired of that stupid happy dance and another host who just keeps laughing at nothing at all.  Please bring back Lisa, she is such a class act and a pleasure to watch.

Could not agree more, 4leggedfriends! I no longer watch QVC regularly at all. The yelling, non-stop talking, giggling, loud laughing by hosts and vendors turns me off. QVC execs seem to find it all A-OK or it would stop. No thanks. On top of which, there are better prices, S&H out there!

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I like Leah Williams, but, "I will tell you,"  she IS one who will laugh at nothing at all.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Occasional Contributor

Re: Bring Back Lisa Mason!

[ Edited ]

I wholeheartedly agree! I so enjoy the hosts like Lisa who let people talk without babbling over them. Who present items in a thorough and classy way. 

I just listened to the QVC Facebook live show with Lisa and was very touched by her memories of Gino, her husband. 

I hope Lisa will be on QVC again; she can teach the new hosts so much. She is missed.

Honored Contributor

I will be satisfied if LM comes back to the Q with her designer line of Diamonique. I bought her flower dangle earrings today. There is no sense in complaining about these hosts, just mute them or turn the channel.Most of all, don't buy from them when they are on air and wait to buy online so they don't get credit for the sale.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They don't want hosts who are "who is mature, professional, soft speaking, classy, etc.".   They want hosts who can SELL and apparently they have statistics and figures that show that obnoxiousness excites people and they BUY. 

They slowly but surely canned the hosts who meet your criteria in favor of the loud, pushy ones.  Those hosts must be under tremendous pressure; do you think Lisa would want to put up with that at this stage of her life?  Unless she's desperate and starving, I'd say "no".

@Kachina624 

I dont know .....hard to say.....with declining sales are these screaming, yelling, silly, hosts....actually hurting or helping QVC??????....Could that be one of the reasons revenue/sales have been down in all categories except electronics....they could be selling, but their sales might still be less than in past years....

Maybe Lisa has moved on from the host job.....but she was smart to keep the relationship with QVC open and it enabled her to return as a vendor....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    I don't know if loud hosts generate sales or not but the point is, the Mike George team thinks they do.  I don't like them either but intellectually, I can understand Qvc's interest in appealing to the younger generation.  They must do that if they are to have a future.  I wonder if the current strategy's working?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I forgot how hypnotizing and excellent Lisa Mason is as a television host.

She also looked very beautiful.

I know Lisa chose to leave--she would certainly be an asset anywhere!

Her items were beautiful and sold out quite quickly (thank goodness) -- as I almost felt compelled by her wonderful sales technique to make a purchase--and I do not even wear or buy Diamonique!

Honored Contributor

Lisa is a class act.  I was just watching her onFB with Marybeth. She had me in tears.  I lost my husband to cancer and she touched on so many things I felt.