Super Contributor

Re: Bring Back High Calibre Hosts

@sashamatthews wrote:

I am sure security is a nightmare these days - nothing like it was even 10 years ago.  But after Lisa Mason left the Q, she had an event in Manhattan for her new book.  Not only was her precious husband, Gino, there (he was lovely to all of us, God rest his soul), but Renee Greenstein, Valerie Parr Hill, Laura Geller and some of the models came to support Lisa.  As a customer, it was wonderful to mingle with these people we only knew from TV.  

Lisa Mason still is my all time favorite host. She was as close to perfect as could be.
She spoke calmly, softly, was respectful to everyone and knew the products so well.
I still miss her. For me, no one holds a candle to her now.
Bob Bowersox was also pleasant.

Respected Contributor

I am one of those who can no longer watch due to the host's outbursts.  Even JRT with her shoe shoe will squeal occasionally, and even with volume low gives me an ear ache.  At least LR never raised her voice.

Complete agree with the OP, I wish those in charge of production would read and heed.

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Guess the seasoned hosts are still around because their contracts have not run out.  Q has become very difficult to watch considering it used to be my background music and white noise when needed.  Products, prices, time slots, shipping and returns are so unreasonable it was not the hosts fault.  The one that needs to go is the guy or lady making these awful decisions.

Some companies hire a destroyer, a person with no feelings and they pay them a hugh amounts of money to be the bad guy.  Usually no one wins in the end except for the destroyer.

I used to keep QVC on as a type of background noise too.  However, nowadays it's just annoying noise!

Honored Contributor

I think bringing former hosts back would be awkward to say the least.  We don't know the situation of their leaving.  Also, newer viewers certainly would not be interested.  I would not tune in to watch any of them.  Yes, some were better hosts than some that are current hosts, but once they leave what would be the point of having them "visit"?   QVC needs to train new/current hosts better and not rely on visits from former hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa Mason was one of my favorite hosts when she was on QVC. 

Lisa Robertson could sell me a bridge. 

The other night  I was watching  QVC with one of the newer hosts presenting. No exaggeration. The worst presentation that I have ever seen.  I don't know who this hosts was, she had red hair and was from California. .She kept forgetting to tell the viewers what the colors were, and if she would have said one more time about how she was going to spend her whole check shopping. (sigh)  It was a joint presentation with another host so they were taking turns presenting.

I could not understand why the producer did not check her. It was like she did not know what to say, so she just kept talking about going shopping for the items that she was presenting. The vendor looked confused several times during the presentations. I watched this train wreck for about 20 minutes, and then when I found out that she was going to the next hour to present more, I just changed the channel 

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

QVC used to have the best hosts.  They were professional, yet fun to watch.  They didn't make the shows about them.  Now I find that overall,  HSN has the better hosts.  Too much shouting, cackling, talking over other people, overly hyper phoney behavior and annoying speaking habits at QVC.  It doesn't matter if they've been there a long time or not..

@MarthaStewardess 

Have you ever made the mistake of falling asleep to QVC  and awake to a squealing host? It's quite jarring. I use to doze off to QVC but now I fall asleep to something more calming which is just about anything. 

Respected Contributor

I loved Lisa Mason as well.  I hope she is healing since losing her precious Gino.  I wish her well!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I happened to catch that new host last night and I have no idea who she is.  I thought it was Katrina Szish who possibly dyed her hair red. 

Esteemed Contributor

That was Julia Cearley.  

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

QVC used to have the best hosts.  They were professional, yet fun to watch.  They didn't make the shows about them.  Now I find that overall,  HSN has the better hosts.  Too much shouting, cackling, talking over other people, overly hyper phoney behavior and annoying speaking habits at QVC.  It doesn't matter if they've been there a long time or not..

@MarthaStewardess 

Have you ever made the mistake of falling asleep to QVC  and awake to a squealing host? It's quite jarring. I use to doze off to QVC but now I fall asleep to something more calming which is just about anything. 

OMG, Yes. Or try relaxing on the couch, maybe wanting to doze off, but the shouting and squealing noise doesn't make for a restful or relaxing atmosphere.   QVC hosts used to have pleasant voices.  Not anymore.