Respected Contributor

does anyone hate bra shopping like I do?like everything else,I have gone up a size in all undergarments. How depressing!I went to my local kohl's store to shop,and one good thing,dressing rooms are open.wish I could get motivated to start exercising and eating healthy, but excuses are always in the way.just venting girls,and wonder if others have felt like this

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam I am still wearing last years bras and they are not comfortable.  Whenever I take them off, they leave red marks around my rib cage.  Did they shrink or did I expand?

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam You are not alone!!

Esteemed Contributor

I switched to buying only sports bras ( come in sizes like small to xxl).  They are very comfortable and I can order them from Sams or Amazon; also inexpensive.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bra shopping

[ Edited ]

No as I saw it as a luxury  buying lingerie .  I prefer to try on each style rather than order online.

Respected Contributor

I try to do this for my best people.

If they say they need to go bra shopping (WIth a groan) I make them go with me!

We walk through the bras & they pick out a few that look right for them.

Then I do the running back & forth to get different sizes or other styles until we find a bra that they like.

It still takes hours, but I will get them into a bra they like!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bra shopping

[ Edited ]

Nope - don't hate it!  I would never try on at a store or buy cheap and order them all.  If you measure correctly, there should be very few issues but worth it to get that  so comfy perfect fit!  I have found  4 bra styles/brands with underwires that I know my size and fit perfectly as well as are comfortable.  I stick with those.  Even if I decide to try a new style I measure again and read reviews on how it fits most and actually have never had an y issues.  Even if I gain a little weight I have a  few  in a larger cup size to wear until I loose the weight. 

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I feel exactly the same way !  About 2 years ago I posted on here about my bra buying adventure.  My Wacoals finally bit the dust....

Waited for a very rainy day; went to Macy's ( midweek- empty ) and picked out all the bras I thought I would like....got each in different sizes.  If I was going to get u dressed, it would only be once !

Found only one style I liked and felt comfortable.  Wrote the #'s down and returned all / most of the bras to their racks.

Since it was close to the holidays, I looked for sales on line and found the bras at different stores.  Ordered enough that I won't have to go this craziness again.

Word of caution:  While the lace on the ones in Macy's ran from top side down to side edge, the same style number in different stores had a shortened length of the same lace.  No big deal.  I am still wearing them and have several packages unopened.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of bra shopping, but as a larger busted woman, I know that a properly fitting bra makes a world of difference.

The only bras that I order online are my Wacol sports bras. I look for sales and don't care what color they are. 

About every 2 years I get a fitting, and then buy several new bras. I try them all on, because different styles fit differently. I get mine from Soma. Not inexpensive, but I try to go when they're having a sale. If not, I just buck up and pay for them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I've always hated bra shopping.  When I find a bra that I like, I buy 3 in every color they make.  My bra drawer runneth over!  I discovered Jockey Forever Fit bras and tossed every other bra that I owned. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt