Honored Contributor

Whatever happened to Gary?

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Vague and quite possibly wrong, but didn't Gary become ill during his time on QVC?

Was he replaced for a short time by a woman?

That's all I got. For me, it was pre-grandchildren, so low interest.  I really liked Gary though.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I "heard" he was ill but don't recall where I heard that.

I never bought them but would watch him with Mary Beth Roe cuz they were fun together. He would tease her and make a couple of double meaning jokes and you could see her blush on TV.  They made a very good team.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Years ago I "heard" he was ill but don't recall where I heard that.

I never bought them but would watch him with Mary Beth Roe cuz they were fun together. He would tease her and make a couple of double meaning jokes and you could see her blush on TV.  They made a very good team.

Watching him and Mary Beth made it worth watching the show...even if you weren't buying anything....LOL

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Gary did get very ill, and sold the company. I have hundreds of Boyd's Bears, both stuffed and Resin. I quit buying when he sold the buisnes. I still have them all on display filling 3 large wall to ceiling cupboards.  It was a hobby of my husband and I,  to find new pieces. I still love them.  Wish I could put picture on here, don't know how.I also loved him on QVC.

Respected Contributor

I have my share too1

I have around 150 plush and about 200 resin of which a lot are 1st editions.

Became so attached to them, each one has it's own personality.

All I remember was....How do we do it!!!  Volume.   That's what he said.

you can google his name and find out he married his girlfriend who helped co-found the business...has children, I think he named some bears after them, one is Bailey.     72 years old, says he lives in Fairfax PA

Honored Contributor

I tried Googling his name,but little to no info..

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed their shows. I collected them for a while. Kept my favorites and sold the rest on Ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Gary did get very ill, and sold the company. I have hundreds of Boyd's Bears, both stuffed and Resin. I quit buying when he sold the buisnes. I still have them all on display filling 3 large wall to ceiling cupboards.  It was a hobby of my husband and I,  to find new pieces. I still love them.  Wish I could put picture on here, don't know how.I also loved him on QVC.

@Group 5 minus 1 

I did too. I bought them all when my DH died I guess to fill up the house that felt so empty. ,

But later I gave them all to the childrens hospital.

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 

I did too. I bought them all when my DH died I guess to fill up the house that felt so empty. ,

But later I gave them all to the childrens hospital.

My husband died , the same time Gary was selling the buisness, Also where the store, that saved the 1's for me, went out of buisness. I  had no more room for them. I can't part with them, they are a place where I found them to  remember a vacation or where ever we were.