Occasional Contributor

Boring Holiday shopping season

I want start by saying I did purchase gifts from QVC this holiday season.

I did purchase a lot less. I found this hoilday program season was so boring and unwatchable.

Nothing new and everything was way over priced. 

Maybe it was me, but so dissappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boring Holiday shopping season

Between cabin socks - pj's - slippers.........it was horrible & uninteresting

Granted the shipping problem wasn't helpful -- - - 

Honored Contributor

All the holiday programming every year is pretty much the same as previous years.  They could just record and replay them and nobody would be the wiser.  Starting as it does in July, by the time Christmas actually gets here, I'm burned out and don't even want to hear the word mentioned. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

My Q Holiday purchases...several sets of pjs, 2 Luminara turkeys, 2 Candle Impressions church candles & 4 slim metal santa on sled by Valerie at a great clearance price...I got lucky & found the matching Santa on skis on another website, the adorable pair are sitting on the fireplace hearth. Also bought some great Christmas items at Dollar General & ornaments for .99 at Cracker Barrel. Wishing Everyone A Merry Christmas.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the first year, in probably 15 or more I didn't by one gift from QVC. My mom, no longer here, was one who liked certain brands of clothing, perfume etc, from Q, so usually I got her gifts here. Here and Chicos!

We used to get the lobster tails, croissants, Juniors mini cheesecakes, back in the day, but have been celebrating differently for a while...more restaurants, or when home we bought locally and cooked our traditional things.

Also usually get some "set" of things like Philosophy holiday shower gels, but didn't want to repeat that this year. Sets of Mrs. Prindables, but the sets were way too big this year...I'd have gotten a 6 pack if I'd seen them. Often got the chocolate covered pretzels and gave them out.

Did NONE of any of that this year...had less opportunity and need to have those gifts to give out.

Wasn't a plan, just didn't wind up getting any gifts from here. Did buy gifts on other specialty sites...just a few. Did some local shopping.

Got only the Bethlehem Lights TSV wreath for myself...LOVE it...very happy with that purchase. And one Muk Luks hat/glove set I also liked for me. Love the color, though I had the hat on yesterday, it did kind of keep slipping up off my head, so not sure I'm keeping it. I have another similar, fleece lined beanie and it stays on perfectly. So we'll see.

I didn't watch much of Q's programing either this Christmas. I too cannot stand that they start in July and keep it up through Dec. They say due to shipping issues...no other company I buy from seemed to have those issues.

Respected Contributor

I've seen enough QVC hosts with a beanie on their head presenting (and wearing😩) PJ's to last me a lifetime. If I never see one again.......

Frequent Contributor

I’m thinking lots of the “ fun” items ate sitting on the ships parked put on the Pacific!!
Honored Contributor

One food item and two gifts were my Christmas purchases.

Respected Contributor

QVC must have a warehouse full of pj's. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CeCe P wrote:

I want start by saying I did purchase gifts from QVC this holiday season.

I did purchase a lot less. I found this hoilday program season was so boring and unwatchable.

Nothing new and everything was way over priced. 

Maybe it was me, but so dissappointed.

Q holiday shows start in June now and show the same things (or variations of) every year through Christmas. I didn't watch any holiday shows or "gift" shows. 

I didn't buy anything from Q this year. There were a couple of things I really liked but they were way out of my price range. Besides, almost everything can be found for less elsewhere....promo codes, real sale prices, free shipping.