Contributor

What happened to our wonderful Bob Mackie clothing line?  Did he pull out because his designs were being made in China? and the quality wasn't what it was when he first came to QVC.  I was proud to have something that he designed.  I sure miss him!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie clothing

[ Edited ]

@cubagal wrote:

What happened to our wonderful Bob Mackie clothing line?  Did he pull out because his designs were being made in China? and the quality wasn't what it was when he first came to QVC.  I was proud to have something that he designed.  I sure miss him!!!

@cubagal 

He has some very nice things still in the inventory but I have not heard anything about him since Covid came along. Perhaps I missed it if his whereabouts was announced or his resignation.  They should present these items in inventory because there are some very cute pants there.

Honored Contributor

They never announced why his line was discontinued as they never do, he just faded away.  I'm pretty sure China had nothing to do with it, however.  Their garments are fine quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure his QVC clothing has always been made in China.  But from what I've read on these forums his line and Louis Dell 'Olio's were made by the same manufacturer who retired recently.

Perhaps both lines were not as popular as they once were in comparison to others that are on QVC.  And take into consideration that Bob is now in his 80s and perhaps just is no longer interested or able to take on the responsibilities he once did.

Honored Contributor

I have a beautiful silk scarf from Bob's QVC collection.  It came from the sometime in the 1990's when oversized scarves were popular.  Now I sometimes tuck it in my handbag when I think I need just a light wrap instead of a sweater.

I never ordered his clothing -  I know it wouldn't have fit my lifestyle and I think it would have flattered my figure.  I assume women who bought it wore it often because I never saw any in thrift or consignment shops.

Trusted Contributor

I think BM is at least 80 if not older, and entirely plausible and possible that he wishes to slow down a bit and possibly retire.  Nothing to do with clothes made in China! 

Respected Contributor

@Pezzie wrote:

I think BM is at least 80 if not older, and entirely plausible and possible that he wishes to slow down a bit and possibly retire.  Nothing to do with clothes made in China! 

I agree.  We all slow down with time.

Respected Contributor

@Pezzie wrote:

The man deserved a send off. He had been on the Q over 25 years. Very sad how QVC and society push out older people. They also disrespected Tova in her later years relegating her to 2am shows many times.

Honored Contributor

Many of the younger QVC customers might night be familiar with him and his history and many of his designs were dressy during the COVID home and stay cozy period. He's probably just had his orders cut back. He might have retired and could have had supply chain issues. That's not to say that he might get some holiday and wedding guest/ special occasion orders from QVC now that there are some cruises again. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have a gorgeous vinyl raincoat from him that I still wear.  I really wonder why QVC didn't even advertise his book.  It is/was fantastic!  A retrospective of all of his work in pictures.  They sold Isaac's book; should have sold Bob's.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney