Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie calls Jacque TRASH on air....

This is pretty old.  Where did someone dig this up from?  Sometimes it seems like these boards are too calm and not enough strife is going on so let's dig up an old post that has been hashed out and start over.

I'm just saying it seems like it was said and settled.  I saw him say it and they were both kidding and she handled it with finesse and didn't let it bother her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

This is pretty old.  Where did someone dig this up from?  Sometimes it seems like these boards are too calm and not enough strife is going on so let's dig up an old post that has been hashed out and start over.

I'm just saying it seems like it was said and settled.  I saw him say it and they were both kidding and she handled it with finesse and didn't let it bother her.

This thread is from last week.  Not that old.  The thread's not closed,

Esteemed Contributor

When the vendors are driven to insult the crazy hosts, it's newsworthy. The mods can't stop that.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I saw the exchange in real time. Was it professional of Bob Mackie to call her"trash?" In a word No. If I was in charge of programming I would never put the two together. As for Jacque I think she is slipping... Her demeanor is slightly different and noticeably so.

@Trinity11

I've been shopping with QVC for over 11 years....and Jacque has always been that way---on one show she can be professional and then the next---silly and immature......she may think her antics are cute, but they aren't!!!

Your right, pairing her and Bob Mackie is like mixing oil and water.......it doesnt work.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Why pick on Jacque and Bob , if you want to see inappropriate behavior tune into Isaac and Shawn. 

Don't forget Dennis Basso and his "kiss me like you mean it," forcing Shawn to kiss him on the mouth, after she had already kissed him on the cheek.

Shudder........

@YorkieonmyPillow

That must be one of those QVC HOST PRHASE OF THE MONTH because Albany uses it too....to anyone and everyone....."I could kiss you on the mouth"  one time she directed it to Valerie Parr Hill who was quite embarrassed and Albany kissed her on the cheek.......some of these hosts OMG!!! years ago the hosts talked about being having their shows critqued....I guess they stopped doing that... Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I think Bob probably works best with Sharon, Mary Beth and Antonella. I have seen him with Antonella and they seem to get along very well......Same with Sharon Faetsch.....I have not seen him with MaryBeth, but I can see how their personalities would mesh nicely.....

@CANDLEQUEEN

I do like Bob paired with Antonella.....

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

I'm going to play devils advocate here.  If you were a first time viewer, and had no clue of the relationship between Bob and Jacque or Shawn and Isaac would you still find it a-okay and status quo?  I'd find it pretty off-putting.  I don't watch the Q much anymore because of a lot of the antics between hosts and hosts, hosts and models, and hosts and vendors.  I'm not interested in what these people do off camera.  I don't care that they're friends with one another in real life.  I want specifications on the products you're hawking.  Nothing more, nothing less.  When you're showing a blouse, I don't need to be told how to wear it and what I can wear it with.  I know how to wear a blouse.  I know if I want it belted or under a blazer.  Please, give me the bust, waist and hip dimensions.  Tell me what the sleeve length is.  Show me the colors.  Tell me about the fabric.  Can I wash it, dry it?  As a very long Q shopper they, IMHO, have gone way off course.  I miss the days when professionalism and decorum mattered.  It showed respect for my intelligence when I was able to make up my own mind when I had facts to make up my mind with.

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

I do agree with almost all you said, except for the part of being told what to wear it with....I have friends that have absolutely no clue on how to put together an outfit or whether something looks right together so that info is helpful to some. .....But yes please please give ACCURATE measurements (the ones online aren't always correct)....and totally agree with you about the hosts' behaviour......very little product info anymore, and all of the silliness and no professionalism....(I dont want the hosts to be robots --- HSN has enough of those) be pleasant, engaging but don't act like an immature teenager....

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I think Bob probably works best with Sharon, Mary Beth and Antonella. I have seen him with Antonella and they seem to get along very well......Same with Sharon Faetsch.....I have not seen him with MaryBeth, but I can see how their personalities would mesh nicely.....

@CANDLEQUEEN

I do like Bob paired with Antonella.....

I love them together, too, Spurt. They bring out the best in each other. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Why pick on Jacque and Bob , if you want to see inappropriate behavior tune into Isaac and Shawn. 

Don't forget Dennis Basso and his "kiss me like you mean it," forcing Shawn to kiss him on the mouth, after she had already kissed him on the cheek.

Shudder........

@YorkieonmyPillow  He used to do that with LR also.   Gross!

Agree.  LR and the Shawn incident is getting just little too familiar.  I'm particular on who touches me.

Esteemed Contributor

Dennis has been encouraged by hosts for this behavior. A host can easily squash him, and it wouldn't take more than once or twice. Hosts nor models are no shrinking violets.

I think all of us women have had occasions where we firmly stopped unwanted behavior. And it doesn't take a big, dramatic scene.. Just a small movement away from him, should embarrass him enough to stop.. Models can do this, too.

And if they're too "shy" to do this, they could tell a manager to speak to him about it, and making it anonymous.

When hosts reciprocate and tell him they love him, what do you expect?