Valued Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie calls Jacque TRASH on air....

SuzyQ3, I have to disagree with you. What this world lacks is respect on every level. Enjoy being comfortable. We get the respect that we
deserve.
Honored Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
SuzyQ3, I have to disagree with you. What this world lacks is respect on every level. Enjoy being comfortable. We get the respect that we
deserve.

I'm glad that I don't feel such a lack of respect on every level. I will say that I try my hardest in life to respect all different types of people and be inclusive, so maybe that has helped.

And I'm not sure that there was more respect for everybody or on every level way back in the seeming Golden Age. In fact, I know that there was not.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I saw the exchange in real time. Was it professional of Bob Mackie to call her"trash?" In a word No. If I was in charge of programming I would never put the two together. As for Jacque I think she is slipping... Her demeanor is slightly different and noticeably so.

I didn't see this but joke or no joke, I find Bob calling a host trash to be in poor taste.  That being said, I don't understand why on earth Jacque would put a pair of pants over the top of another pair of pants.  That is just silly. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I saw the exchange in real time. Was it professional of Bob Mackie to call her"trash?" In a word No. If I was in charge of programming I would never put the two together. As for Jacque I think she is slipping... Her demeanor is slightly different and noticeably so.

I didn't see this but joke or no joke, I find Bob calling a host trash to be in poor taste.  That being said, I don't understand why on earth Jacque would put a pair of pants over the top of another pair of pants.  That is just silly. 

He said on air that he gets emails from QVC when he says something they don't like. Jacque just laughed and said if they knew what we talk about in private..it was just off the wall and Jacque is beginning to seem slightly off lately.

Valued Contributor

I'm going to play devils advocate here.  If you were a first time viewer, and had no clue of the relationship between Bob and Jacque or Shawn and Isaac would you still find it a-okay and status quo?  I'd find it pretty off-putting.  I don't watch the Q much anymore because of a lot of the antics between hosts and hosts, hosts and models, and hosts and vendors.  I'm not interested in what these people do off camera.  I don't care that they're friends with one another in real life.  I want specifications on the products you're hawking.  Nothing more, nothing less.  When you're showing a blouse, I don't need to be told how to wear it and what I can wear it with.  I know how to wear a blouse.  I know if I want it belted or under a blazer.  Please, give me the bust, waist and hip dimensions.  Tell me what the sleeve length is.  Show me the colors.  Tell me about the fabric.  Can I wash it, dry it?  As a very long Q shopper they, IMHO, have gone way off course.  I miss the days when professionalism and decorum mattered.  It showed respect for my intelligence when I was able to make up my own mind when I had facts to make up my mind with.

Honored Contributor

I saw the whole thing!  Good grief!  He was kidding and she knew he was kidding and responded like she knew he was kidding.

The OP is making a big deal out of nothing.  This man is a kind sweet man.  He was a little friskier than usual (said something about the election) and Jacque got him right back on track (like the professional she is).

These days it's getting to the point when you can say anything without SOMEONE taking offense with it.

I don't usually come out like this but this time I did see the whole thing and in my opinion, no one's feeling were hurt and everyone just moved on.  As I think we should all do!

Honored Contributor

I remember years ago when Kathy Levine was the star of QVC she frequently  called one of the models "trash."  I think it was  the model  Kerin (Corinne).  Everyone seemed to think that was funny.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I remember years ago when Kathy Levine was the star of QVC she frequently  called one of the models "trash."  I think it was  the model  Kerin (Corinne).  Everyone seemed to think that was funny.

I did not tune into QVC until I took early retirement, so I have no idea who Kathy leVine was, but her name has come upon entering in awhile. Someone of that name tried to sell really tacky, faux vintage jewelry on QVC a few years ago. Terrible taste. T

if that was the same person, I was not impressed.

Respected Contributor

Well said!!! I have seen Bob & Jacque together many times & think they work well together. Bob seems to always be teasing her. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why pick on Jacque and Bob , if you want to see inappropriate behavior tune into Isaac and Shawn. 

Don't forget Dennis Basso and his "kiss me like you mean it," forcing Shawn to kiss him on the mouth, after she had already kissed him on the cheek.

Shudder........

@YorkieonmyPillow  He used to do that with LR also.   Gross!