Valued Contributor

I look so forward to seeing and hearing Bob  Mackie,so today I turned on  QVC and there he was.I looked forward to his conversations about how he designs and his usual great advice on how to wear his clothes.Well...I donot know how to say this except,I was so disappointed to see Jayne Brown talk non stop about,easy pay ,how many were brought in and alot of information,while Bob stood there and tried to get a word in (he only got in a few.When Pat took over she was more respectful and included Bob in the conversation.I did not watch to hear the hosts...I watched to hear Bob Mackie and probably buy something.At 3PM I turned off the TV.I felt I needed to say something because,I as a shopper,am not interested inhosts babbling on,I am wanting to see and hear a designer,that I admire and most likely make a purchase!  

Trusted Contributor

@mosky  I agree.  The hosts sound like broken records.  (sigh)

Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie 2 P.M.

[ Edited ]

I wonder how much is the hosts, and how much is the producer.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I stopped watching QVC live, unless for example JAI (Scott) presenting his line which later this month he is having several slots. Honestly, online is the solution for me, fast forward through unnecessary gibberish and so on. 

Honored Contributor

that's Jayne though

I like to watch Bob as well, even though his clothes aren't my thing, he's fun and will throw in a zinger every now and then 

Jacque Gonzelez was probably the best host with him, I think he liked working with her 

Contributor

He and Antonella were also a lot of fun yesterday on QVC2.

Respected Contributor
JMO, but believe they are told to push the easy pay, Q card etc. Must be a big moneymaker for Q. I rarely watch any show anymore. Much easier to just look at videos of items I might be interested in and even then some are full of a lot of fluff.
Valued Contributor

I watched the show today until 3:00 and I have to admit I wasn't bothered by Jayne or Pat which is unusual as that duo does get on my nerves.  I loveds what Jayne had on except the shoes.  Even though I don't like a lot of his clothes, I think Bob Mackie is QVC's class act vendor.  I also think that the producers of some shows let the hosts turn the show into a trainwreck.

Esteemed Contributor

@gmbny wrote:

He and Antonella were also a lot of fun yesterday on QVC2.

---------------

I watched part of the show yesterday.  I think Bob enjoys working with Antonella...she makes him laugh.  She does go off the subject of selling clothes though....

Honored Contributor

I also am not really a fan of his clothes but I love Bob Mackie!  He has a great personality and is a class act. As another poster mentioned he'll add a few zingers on occasion which makes me laugh! Smiley Happy....I enjoy watching his shows.

I got to meet him ten years ago when I went on a Q tour & live audience show.  It was a one hour Bob Mackie show with Mary Beth hosting & Shawn who was new at the time assisting.  Bob met and greeted each audience member after the show & gave everyone a colorful scarf!